Based on Percona Server 5.5.39-36.0 including all the bug fixes in it, Galera Replicator 2.11, and on Codership wsrep API 25.11, Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.5.39-25.11 is now the current 5.5 General Availability release. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free, and all the details of the release can be found in the 5.5.39-25.11 milestone at Launchpad.
- New session variable wsrep_sync_wait has been implemented to control causality check. The old session variable wsrep_causal_reads is deprecated but is kept for backward compatibility (#1277053).
- systemd integration with RHEL/CentOS 7 is now available for Percona XtraDB Cluster from our testing repository (#1342223).
- Percona XtraDB Cluster has implemented threadpool scheduling fixes. Bug fixed #1333348.
- When gmcast.listen_addr was configured to a certain address, local connection point for outgoing connections was not bound to listen address. This would happen if OS has multiple interfaces with IP addresses in the same subnet, it may happen that OS would pick wrong IP for local connection point and other nodes would see connections originating from IP address which was not listened to. Bug fixed #1240964.
- Client connections were closed unconditionally before generating SST request. Fixed by avoiding closing connections when wsrep is initialized before storage engines. Bug fixed #1258658.
- Issue with re-setting galera provider (in wsrep_provider_options) has been fixed. Bug fixed #1260283.
- Variable wsrep_provider_options couldn’t be set in runtime if no provider was loaded. Bug fixed #1260290.
- Node consistency issues with foreign keys have been fixed. This fix introduces two new variables: wsrep_slave_FK_checks and wsrep_slave_UK_checks. These variables are set to
FALSErespectively by default. They control whether Foreign Key and Unique Key checking is done for applier threads. Bug fixed #1260713.
FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCKwas used on a node with wsrep_causal_reads set to 1 while there was a DML on other nodes then, subsequent SELECTs/SHOW STATUS didn’t hang earlier providing non-causal output, that has been fixed here. Bug fixed #1271177.
- Lowest group communication layer (evs) would fail to handle the situation properly when big number of nodes would suddenly start to see each other. Bugs fixed #1271918 and #1249805.
- Updating a unique key value could cause server hang if slave node has enabled parallel slaves. Bug fixed #1280896.
- Fixed the events replication inconsistencies. Bug fixed #1312618.
- Truncating the sorted version of multi-byte character conversion could lead to wsrep certification failures. Bug fixed #1314854.
- wsrep_slave_threads was counted towards
max_connectionswhich could cause
ERROR 1040 (HY000): Too many connectionserror. Bug fixed #1315588.
- Leaving node was not set nonoperational if processed leave message originated from different view than the current one, which could cause other nodes to crash. Bug fixed #1323412 (#41).
- garbd couldn’t be started with init script on RHEL 6.5. Bug fixed #1323652.
- SST would fail when binlogs were in dedicated directory that’s located inside
datadir. This bug was a regression introduced by bug fix for #1273368. Bug fixed #1326012.
TOIoperations is now also synced to InnoDB tablespace in order to get consistent backups. Bug fixed #1329055.
UNIV_DEBUG) is now distributed with binary tar.gz along with RPM and DEB packages. Bug fixed #1332073.
- The restart sequence in
scripts/mysql.serverwould fail to capture and return if the start call failed to start the server, so a restart could occur that failed upon start-up, and the script would still return
0as if it worked without any issues. Bug fixed #1339894.
- wsrep consistency check is now enabled for
REPLACE ... SELECTas well. This was implemented because pt-table-checksum uses
REPLACE .. SELECTduring checksumming. Bug fixed #1343209.
- A memory leak in
wsrep_mysql_parsefunction has been fixed. Bug fixed #1345023.
SHOW STATUSwas generating debug output in the error log. Bug fixed #1347818.
percona-xtradb-cluster-garbd-3.xpackage was installed incorrectly on Debian/Ubuntu. Bugs fixed #1360633 and #1334530.
Help us improve our software quality by reporting any bugs you encounter using our bug tracking system. As always, thanks for your continued support of Percona!