Join me online next week (September 10 at 10 a.m. PDT) for my live webinar on Migrating to Percona XtraDB Cluster. This was a popular webinar that I gave a few years ago, so I’m doing it again with updates for Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6 (PXC) and all the latest in the Galera world.
This webinar will be really good for people interested in getting an overview of what PXC/Galera is, what it would take to adopt it for your application, and some of the differences and challenges it brings compared with a conventional MySQL Master/slave setup. I’d highly suggest attending if you are considering Galera in your environment and want to get a better understanding of its uses and antipatterns.
Additionally, I’ll cover such questions as:
- What are the requirements for running Percona XtraDB Cluster?
- Will I have to reload all my tables?
- How does configuration for the cluster differ from configuring a stand-alone InnoDB server?
- How should my application interact with the Cluster?
- Can I use Percona XtraDB Cluster if I only have two MySQL servers currently?
- How can I move to the Cluster and keep downtime to a minimum?
- How can I migrate to Percona XtraDB Cluster gradually?
I hope to see you next Wednesday. And please feel free to ask questions in advance in the comments section below. Next week’s live event, like all of our MySQL webinars, is free. Register here!