Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6.20-25.7 is now available
Percona is glad to announce the new release of Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6 on September 1st 2014. Binaries are available from downloads area or from our software repositories.
Based on Percona Server 5.6.20-68.0 including all the bug fixes in it, Galera Replicator 3.7, and on Codership wsrep API 25.7, Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6.20-25.7 is now the current General Availability release. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free, and all the details of the release can be found in the 5.6.20-25.7 milestone at Launchpad.
- New session variable wsrep_sync_wait has been implemented to control causality check. The old session variable wsrep_causal_reads is deprecated but is kept for backward compatibility (#1277053).
- systemd integration with RHEL/CentOS 7 is now available for Percona XtraDB Cluster from our testing repository (#1342223).
START TRANSACTION WITH CONSISTENT SNAPSHOT,
mydumper with disabled binlog would lead to a server crash. Bug fixed #1353644.
percona-xtradb-cluster-garbd-3.x package was installed incorrectly on Debian/Ubuntu. Bug fixed #1360633.
- Fixed netcat in SST script for CentOS 7 nmap-ncat. Bug fixed #1359767.
TO isolation was run even when wsrep plugin was not loaded. Bug fixed #1358681.
- The error from net read was not handled in native MySQL mode. This would cause duplicate key error if there was unfinished transaction at the time of shutdown, because it would be committed during the startup recovery. Bug fixed #1358264.
- The netcat in garbd init script has been replaced with nmap for compatibility in CentOS 7. Bug fixed #1349384.
SHOW STATUS was generating debug output in the error log. Bug fixed #1347818.
- Incorrect source string length could lead to server crash. This fix allows maximum of 3500 bytes of key material to be populated, longer keys will be truncated. Bug fixed #1347768.
- wsrep consistency check is now enabled for
REPLACE ... SELECT as well. This was implemented because pt-table-checksum uses REPLACE .. SELECT during checksumming. Bug fixed #1343209.
- Client connections were closed unconditionally before generating SST request. Fixed by avoiding closing connections when wsrep is initialized before storage engines. Bug fixed #1258658.
binlog_format change to
STATEMENT is now allowed to support pt-table-checksum. A warning (to not use it otherwise) is also added to error log.
Other bug fixes: #1280270.
Release notes for Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6.20-25.7 are available in our online documentation along with the installation and upgrade instructions.
Help us improve our software quality by reporting any bugs you encounter using our bug tracking system. As always, thanks for your continued support of Percona!
Categories:Events and Announcements
, Percona Software
, Percona XtraDB Cluster