Percona Server 5.5.39-36.0 is now available
Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona Server 5.5.39-36.0 on August 29, 2014 (Downloads are available here and from the Percona Software Repositories). Based on MySQL 5.5.39, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.5.39-36.0 is now the current stable release in the 5.5 series. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.5.39-36.0 milestone at Launchpad.
- Querying INNODB_CHANGED_PAGES with a range condition
START_LSN > x AND
END_LSN < y would lead to a server crash if the range was empty with x greater than y. Bug fixed #1202252 (Jan Lindström and Sergei Petrunia).
- With XtraDB changed page tracking feature enabled, queries from the INNODB_CHANGED_PAGES could read the bitmap data whose write was in still progress. This would cause the query to fail with an
ER_CANT_FIND_SYSTEM_REC and a warning printed to the server error log. The workaround has been to add an appropriate
END_LSN-limiting condition to the query. Bug fixed #1346122.
mysqld-debug was missing from Debian packages. This regression was introduced in Percona Server 5.5.36-34.0. Bug fixed #1290087.
- Fixed a memory leak in Slow Query Log Rotation and Expiration. Bug fixed #1314138.
- The audit log plugin would write log with XML syntax errors when
NEW formats were used. Bug fixed #1320879.
- A server built with system OpenSSL support, such as the distributed Percona Server binaries, had SSL-related memory leaks. Bug fixed #1334743 (upstream #73126).
- If the bitmap directory has a bitmap file sequence with a start LSN of one file less than a start LSN of the previous file, a debug build would assert when queries were run on INNODB_CHANGED_PAGES table. Bug fixed #1342494.
Other bugs fixed: #1337324, #1151723, #1182050, #1182072, #1280875, #1182046, #1328482 (upstream #73418), and #1334317 (upstream #73111).
Release notes for Percona Server 5.5.39-36.0 are available in our online documentation. Bugs can be reported on the launchpad bug tracker.
Categories:Events and Announcements
, Percona Server
, Percona Software