Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona Toolkit 2.2.9 on July 10, 2014 (downloads are available here and from the Percona Software Repositories). This release is the current GA (Generally Available) stable release in the 2.2 series.
- Fixed bug 1335960: pt-query-digest could not parse the binlogs from MySQL 5.6 because the binlog format was changed.
- Fixed bug 1315130: pt-online-schema-change did not find child tables as expected. It could incorrectly locate tables – tables which reference a table with the same name in a different schema, and could miss tables referencing the altered table – if they were in a different schema..
- Fixed bug 1335322: pt-stalk would fail when variable or threshold was a non-integer.
- Fixed bug 1258135: pt-deadlock-logger was inserting older deadlocks into the
deadlocktable even if it was already there, therby creating unnecessary noise. For example, if the deadlock happened 1 year ago, and MySQL keeps it in the memory, pt-deadlock-logger would
percona.deadlockstable every minute until server was restarted. This was fixed by comparing with the last deadlock fingerprint before issuing the
- Fixed bug 1329422: pt-online-schema-change
foreign-keys-method=nonecan break FK constraints in a way that is hard to recover from. Although this method of handling foreign key constraints is provided so that the database administrator can disable the tool’s built-in functionality if desired, a warning and confirmation request when using alter-foreign-keys-method “none” has been added to warn users when using this option.
Percona Toolkit is free and open-source. Details of the release can be found in the release notes and the 2.2.9 milestone at Launchpad. Bugs can be reported on the Percona Toolkit launchpad bug tracker.