Announcing Percona XtraBackup 2.2.3 GA
Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona XtraBackup 2.2.3 on June 12th 2014. Downloads are available from our download site here and Percona Software Repositories.
Percona XtraBackup enables backups without blocking user queries, making it ideal for companies with large data sets and mission-critical applications that cannot tolerate long periods of downtime. Offered free as an open source solution, Percona XtraBackup drives down backup costs while providing unique features for MySQL backup. The new 2.2.3 GA version offers improved performance, enterprise-grade security, and lower resource usage.
This release is the first GA (Generally Available) stable release in the 2.2 series.
- Percona XtraBackup implemented support for Backup Locks.
- Percona XtraBackup can now store backup history on the server itself in a special table created for that purpose.
- Percona XtraBackup has been rebased on MySQL 5.6.17.
- Fixed the InnoDB redo log incompatibility with 5.1/5.5 server and compressed tables which was introduced by the upstream fix in MySQL 5.6.11 that could make InnoDB crash on recovery when replaying redo logs created on earlier versions. Bug fixed #1255476.
- Percona XtraBackup did not flush the InnoDB
REDO log buffer before finalizing the log copy. This would only become a problem when the binary log coordinates were used after restoring from a backup: the actual data files state after recovery could be inconsistent with the binary log coordinates. Bug fixed #1320685.
- innobackupex now sets
0 before executing F
LUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK if the server is a member of the Galera cluster. Bug fixed #1320441.
storage/innobase/xtrabackup/CMakeLists.txt now honors the
XB_DISTRIBUTION environment variable when configuring
innobackupex.pl to innobackupex. Bug fixed #1320856.
- Percona XtraBackup does not add XtraDB-specific fields when preparing a
backup of an upstream MySQL server. Bug fixed #988310.
- Information about backup type and parameters is now stored in the
xtrabackup_info file in the backup directory. Bug fixed #1133017.
- When backup locks are used,
xtrabackup_slave_info should be written under
BINLOG lock instead of
TABLE lock. Bug fixed #1328532.
Release notes with all the bugfixes for Percona XtraBackup 2.2.3 are available in our online documentation. Bugs can be reported on the launchpad bug tracker.
Categories: Events and Announcements