Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona Server 5.5.36-34.2 on March 25th, 2014 (Downloads are available here and from the Percona Software Repositories). Based on MySQL 5.5.36, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.5.36-34.2 is now the current stable release in the 5.5 series. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.5.36-34.2 milestone at Launchpad.
This release fixes number of packaging bugs that were introduced in the last two releases.
- The upgrade to Percona Server 5.5.36-34.1 would silently comment out any options in
my.cnfthat have paths specified that contain
share/mysql. Bug fixed #1293867.
- Percona Server could fail to start after upgrade if the
lc-messages-diroption was set in the
my.cnfconfiguration file. Bug fixed #1294067.
- Dependency on
mysql-commonpackage, introduced in Percona Server 5.5.36-34.0 could lead to wrongly chosen packages for upgrade, spurious removes and installs with some combination of packages installed which use the mysql libraries. Bug fixed #1294211.
- These three bugs were fixed by removing the dependency on
- Percona Toolkit UDFs and HandlerSocket were missing from Debian/Ubuntu packages, this regression was introduced in Percona Server 5.5.36-34.0. Bugs fixed #1296416 and #1294216.
- Percona Server installer will create the symlinks from
libperconaserverclientduring the installation on CentOS. This was implemented in order to provide the backwards compatibility after the
libmysqlclientlibrary has been renamed to