This release is the current GA (Generally Available) stable release in the 2.1 series. Percona XtraBackup is an open source, free MySQL hot backup software that performs non-blocking backups for InnoDB and XtraDB databases. Percona XtraBackup is an open source, free MySQL hot backup software that performs non-blocking backups for InnoDB and XtraDB databases.
- Due to incorrect usage of
posix_fadvise()hints, Percona XtraBackup discarded read-ahead buffers which resulted in higher
I/Orate on the backup stage. Bug fixed #1093385.
- Spurious trailing data blocks that would normally be ignored by InnoDB could lead to an assertion failure on the backup stage. Bug fixed #1177201.
- A spurious warning message could cause issues with third-party wrapper scripts. Bug fixed #1271956.
- xbcrypt could fail with the
xbcrypt:xb_crypt_read_chunk: unable to read chunk iv size at offset errorunder some circumstances. Bug fixed #1273196.
- xbstream could sometimes hang when extracting a broken or incomplete input stream. Bug fixed #1273207.
- Preparing backups of MySQL or Percona Server 5.6 could raise an assertion failure in Percona XtraBackup. Bug fixed #1273468.
- The downtime is decreased when the
--safe-slave-backupoption is used to backup a replication slave. The SQL thread is now started before a temporary copy of redo log is streamed into the final location. Bug fixed #1284778.
- Disabled the “binary version check” functionality in the VersionCheck module due to security concerns. Bug fixed #1285166.
Other bugs fixed: #1284078.
Release notes with all the bugfixes for Percona XtraBackup 2.1.8 are available in our online documentation. All of Percona‘s software is open source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 2.1.8 milestone at Launchpad. Bugs can be reported on the launchpad bug tracker.