This release is the current GA (Generally Available) stable release in the 2.1 series. Percona XtraBackup is an open source, free MySQL hot backup software that performs non-blocking backups for InnoDB and XtraDB databases. Percona XtraBackup is an open source, free MySQL hot backup software that performs non-blocking backups for InnoDB and XtraDB databases.
- Percona XtraBackup has now been rebased on MySQL versions 5.1.73, 5.5.35, 5.6.15 and Percona Server versions 5.1.73-rel14.11 and 5.5.35-rel33.0.
- After being rebased on MySQL 5.6.11 Percona XtraBackup has been affected by the upstream bug #69780. Fixed by rebasing Percona XtraBackup on MySQL 5.6.15 which contains a fix for the upstream bug. Bug fixed #1203669.
- Backup directory would need to be specified even for running the innobackupex with
--versionoptions. Bug fixed #1223716.
- When creating an incremental backup with the changed page tracking feature available in Percona Server, innobackupex would fail if the server had the
ANSI_QUOTESSQL mode enabled. Bug fixed #1248331.
- When innobackupex
--galera-infois specified and Percona XtraDB Cluster is using
GTIDreplication (version 5.6 only), innobackupex will execute
FLUSH BINARY LOGSand then carry the current binary log as indicated in
SHOW MASTER STATUSinto the backup set. Bug fixed #1250375.
- Percona XtraBackup did not roll back prepared
XAtransactions when applying the log. Which was a regression introduced with the original port of Percona XtraBackup patches to 5.6. Fixed by restoring code that has been lost in the port. Bug fixed #1254227.
- Percona XtraBackup now uses
libgcryptbuilt in randomization functions for setting the Initialization Vector. Bug fixed #1255300.
ALL_O_DIRECToption for innodb_flush_method in Percona Server 5.6. Bug fixed #1261877.
Release notes with all the bugfixes for Percona XtraBackup 2.1.7 are available in our online documentation. All of Percona‘s software is open source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 2.1.7 milestone at Launchpad. Bugs can be reported on the launchpad bug tracker.