Percona Server 5.5.35-33.0 is now availableHrvoje Matijakovic
Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona Server 5.5.35-33.0 on December 20th, 2013 (Downloads are available here and from the Percona Software Repositories). Based on MySQL 5.5.35, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.5.35-33.0 is now the current stable release in the 5.5 series. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.5.35-33.0 milestone at Launchpad.
- Thread Pool high priority scheduling is now enabled by default by changing the default thread_pool_high_prio_tickets value from
- Percona Server now supports Low priority queue throttling. This feature should improve Thread Pool performance under high concurrency in a situation when thread groups are oversubscribed.
- Introduced new thread_pool_high_prio_mode variable to provide more fine-grained control over high priority scheduling either globally or per connection in Thread Pool.
- Percona Server has extended
SSLand compression support.
- Percona Server has reduced the performance overhead of the User Statistics feature.
INSTALL PLUGINstatement would crash server if User Statistics were enabled. Bug fixed #1011047.
- Fixed the assertion error caused by a race condition between one thread performing a tablespace delete and another doing a compressed page flush list relocation. Bug fixed #1227581.
- Server would crash on shutdown if Atomic write support for Fusion-io devices feature is enabled. Bug fixed #1255628 (Jan Lindström).
- Fixed the compiler errors, caused by merge regression in Percona Server 5.5.33-31.1. Bug fixed #1218417.
mysqldump --innodb-optimize-keyswas generating incorrect
CREATE TABLEstatements for partitioned tables. Bug fixed #1233841.
- Default value for thread_pool_max_threads has been changed from
100 000(the maximum supported number of connections), because limiting the total number of threads in the threadpool can result in deadlocks and uneven distribution of worker threads between thread groups in case of stalled connections. Bug fixed #1258097.
PURGE CHANGED_PAGE_BITMAPS BEFOREstatement would delete the changed page data after the specified
LSNand up to the start of the next bitmap file. If this data were to be used for fast incremental backups, its absence would cause Percona XtraBackup to fall back to the full-scan incremental backup mode. Bug fixed #1260035 (Andrew Gaul).
- Debug server build would crash during InnoDB crash recovery if the crash recovery had found transactions that needed cleaning up. Bug fixed #1247305.
- Variable thread_pool_high_prio_tickets is now a session variable. Bug fixed #1166271.
Other bugs fixed: bug #1082333.