Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona Monitoring Plugins 1.1. The components are designed to integrate seamlessly with widely deployed solutions such as Nagios, Cacti and Zabbix, and are delivered in the form of templates, plugins, and scripts.
In this release we have added MySQL template for Zabbix 2.0.x adopted from the existing Cacti one.
* Added MySQL template for Zabbix 2.0.x (first release)
* Added FreeBSD support to Nagios plugins, partially rewritten pmp-check-unix-memory (bugs 1249575, 1244081)
* Added new options to ss_get_mysql_stats.php to better support pt-heartbeat (bugs 1253125, 1253130)
* ss_get_mysql_stats.php script was opening multiple connections to the server (bug 1255371)
* sql query for idle_blocker_duraction check in pmp-check-mysql-innodb did not conform sql mode of ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY (bug #1240417)
A new tarball is available from downloads area or RPM and DEB packages from our software repositories. The plugins are fully supported for customers with a Percona Support contract and free installation services are provided as part of some contracts. In addition as part of Percona’s Remote DBA installation and setup of these tools are included with our services. You can find links to the documentation, forums and more at the project homepage.
About Percona Monitoring Plugins
Percona Monitoring Plugins are high-quality components to add enterprise-grade MySQL monitoring and graphing capabilities to your existing in-house, on-premises monitoring solutions. The components are designed to integrate seamlessly with widely deployed solutions such as Nagios and Cacti and are delivered in the form of templates, plugins, and scripts which make it easy to monitor MySQL performance.