Based on Percona Server 5.5.34-32.0 including all the bug fixes in it, Galera Replicator and on Codership wsrep API 5.5.34-25.9, Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.5.34-25.9 is now the current stable release. All of Percona’s software is open-source and free. This is an General Availability release.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster is now based on wsrep API 25 and Galera 25.2.x.
RPMpackages are now made relocatable which means they now support installation to custom prefixes.
- XtraBackup SST now supports innodb_data_home_dir and innodb_log_home_dir in the configuration file.
- The binaries are now statically linked with regard to Galera library which depended on OpenSSL library.
- Product suffix has been added to the Percona XtraDB Cluster
rpmpackages, which means that packages have been renamed from
Percona-XtraDB-Cluster-server-55. Bug fixed #1255616.
- Fixed the dependency issue which caused Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.5 installation to fail on Ubuntu 12.04. Bug fixed #1247861.
- When installing first
Percona-XtraDB-Cluster-serveron two single statements or a single statement with both packages ,
percona-xtrabackuppackage as dependency of
Percona-XtraDB-Cluster-server. Bug fixed #1226185.
SELECT FOR UPDATE...query was aborted due to multi-master conflict, the client wouldn’t get back the deadlock error. From client perspective the transaction would be successful. Bug fixed #1187739.
- Temporary tables are not replicated, but any
DDLon those tables were (in this case it was
TRUNCATE), which would generates error messages on other nodes. Bug fixed #1194156.
- When setting the
gcache.sizeto a larger value than the default 128M, the mysql service command did not allow enough time for the file to be preallocated. Bug fixed #1207500.
CREATE TABLE AS SELECTwould fail with explicit temporary tables, when binlogging was enabled and
autocommitwas set to
0. Bug fixed #1240098.
- Write set flags defined in wsrep API are now exposed to application side appliers too. Bug fixed #1247402.
- Local brute force aborts are counted accurately. Bug fixed #1247971.
- Certain combinations of transaction rollbacks could leave stale transactional
MDLlocks and cause deadlocks. Bug fixed #1247978.
- After turning
UNIV_SYNC_DEBUGon, node that was started from clean state would crash immediately at startup. Bug fixed #1248908.
- Server built with
UNIV_SYNC_DEBUGwould assert if
DELETEstatements on tables with foreign key constraints with
ON DELETE CASCADEoption. Bug fixed #1248921.
- Xtrabackup SST dependencies have been added as
DEBpackages. Bug fixed #1250326.
init stopscript on CentOS didn’t wait for the server to be fully stopped. This would cause unsuccessful server restart because the start action would fail because the daemon would still be running. Bug fixed #1254153.
- Memory leak in
mem_roothas been fixed. Bug fixed #1249753.
- Galera is now packaged with garbd
initscript. Bug fixed #1256769.
Note: Because some package names have been changed, with the product suffix being added, please check the manual before starting new installations. Debian users are requested to use
apt-get dist-upgrade or
apt-get install for upgrade, for more refer to installation guide.
We did our best to eliminate bugs and problems during the testing release, but this is a software, so bugs are expected. If you encounter them, please report them to our bug tracking system. Release notes for Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.5.34-25.9 are available in our online documentation.
Percona XtraDB Cluster Errata can be found in our documentation.