Percona Server 5.5.34-32.0 is now available
Percona Server version 5.5.34-32.0
Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona Server 5.5.34-32.0 on October 28th, 2013 (Downloads are available here and from the Percona Software Repositories). Based on MySQL 5.5.34, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.5.34-32.0 is now the current stable release in the 5.5 series. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.5.34-32.0 milestone at Launchpad.
- Percona Server has extended the
SELECT INTO ... OUTFILE and
SELECT INTO DUMPFILE to add the support for UNIX sockets and named pipes.
- Percona Server now provides additional information in the slow query log when log_slow_rate_limit variable is enabled.
- A new variable slow_query_log_always_write_time has been introduced. It can be used to specify an additional execution time threshold for the slow query log, that, when exceeded, will cause a query to be logged unconditionally, that is, log_slow_rate_limit will not apply to it.
- Utility user feature has been extended by adding a new utility_user_privileges that allows a comma separated value list of extra access privileges that can be granted to the utility user.
- Due to an incompatible upstream change that went in unnoticed, the log tracker thread would attempt to replay any file operations it encountered. In most cases this were a no-op, but there were race conditions for certain
DDL operations that would have resulted in server crash. Bug fixed #1217002.
apt-get upgrade of Percona Server would fail in post-installation step if server failed to start. Bug fixed #1002500.
- Fixed the
libssl.so.6 dependency issues in binary tarballs releases. Bug fixed #1172916.
- Error in
install_layout.cmake could cause that some library files, during the build, end up in different directories on x86_64 environment. Bug fixed #1174300.
- Percona Server could crash while accessing
TEXT columns in InnoDB tables if Support for Fake Changes was enabled. Bug fixed #1188168.
- Memory leak was introduced by the fix for bug #1132194. Bug fixed #1204873.
- The unnecessary overhead from persistent InnoDB adaptive hash index latching has been removed, potentially improving stability of the Multiple Adaptive Hash Search Partitions feature as well. Upstream bug fixed #70216, bug fixed #1218347.
- Fixed the incorrect dependency with
libmysqlclient18-dev from Percona Server 5.5.33-31.1. Bug fixed #1237097.
- A memory leak in Utility user feature has been fixed. Bug fixed #1166638.
- Expanded Program Option Modifiers did not deallocate memory correctly. Bug fixed #1167487.
- A server could crash due to a race condition between a INNODB_CHANGED_PAGES query and a bitmap file delete by
PURGE CHANGED_PAGE_BITMAP or directly on the file system. Bug fixed #1191580.
- Percona Server could not be built with Thread Pool feature and
-DWITH_PERFSCHEMA_ENGINE=OFF option. Bug fixed #1196383.
- Building Percona Server with
-DHAVE_PURIFY option would result in an error. Fixed by porting the
close_socket function from MariaDB. Bug fixed #1203567.
- Adaptive hash index memory size was incorrectly calculated in
SHOW ENGINE INNODB STATUS and Innodb_mem_adaptive_hash status variable. Bug fixed #1218330.
- Some Expanded Program Option Modifiers didn’t have an effect if they were specified in non-normalized way (innodb_io_capacity vs innodb-io-capacity). Bug fixed #1233294.
- Enabling Enforcing Storage Engine feature could lead to error on Percona Server shutdown. Bug fixed #1233354.
- Storage engine enforcement (enforce_storage_engine) is now ignored when the server is started in either bootstrap or skip-grant-tables mode. Bug fixed #1236938.
- Fixed the build warnings caused by User Statistics code on non-Linux platforms. Bug fixed #711817.
- Adaptive hash indexing partitioning code has been simplified, potentially improving performance. Bug fixed #1218321.
Other bugs fixed: bug fixed #1239630, bug fixed #1191589, bug fixed #1200162, bug fixed #1214449, and bug fixed #1190604.
Release notes for Percona Server 5.5.34-32.0 are available in our online documentation. Bugs can be reported on the launchpad bug tracker.
Categories: Events and Announcements