Percona Server 5.6.13-60.6 fourth Release Candidate is now available
Percona Server version 5.6.13-60.6
Percona is glad to announce the fourth Release Candidate of Percona Server 5.6.13-60.6 (downloads are available here and from the Percona Software Repositories).
Based on MySQL 5.6.13, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.6.13-60.6 is the fourth RC release in the Percona Server 5.6 series. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.6.13-60.6 milestone at Launchpad.
- Improved Buffer Pool Scalability feature has been ported from Percona Server 5.5. This feature splits the single global InnoDB buffer pool mutex into several mutexes. The goal of this change is to reduce mutex contention, which can be very impacting when the working set does not fit in memory.
- Multiple Adaptive Hash Search Partitions feature has been ported from Percona Server 5.5. This feature splits the adaptive hash index across several partitions and decreases the AHI latch contention. This feature fixes the upstream bug #62018 (#1216804).
- Utility user feature has been extended by adding a new utility_user_privileges variable that allows a comma separated value list of extra access privileges that can be granted to the utility user.
- Percona Server now provides additional information in the slow query log when log_slow_rate_limit variable is enabled.
- A new variable slow_query_log_always_write_time has been introduced. It can be used to specify an additional execution time threshold for the slow query log, that, when exceeded, will cause a query to be logged unconditionally, that is, log_slow_rate_limit will not apply to it.
- The unnecessary overhead from persistent InnoDB adaptive hash index latching has been removed, potentially improving stability of the Multiple Adaptive Hash Search Partitions feature as well. Upstream bug fixed #70216, bug fixed #1218347.
- Adaptive hash index memory size was incorrectly calculated in
SHOW ENGINE INNODB STATUS and XTRADB_INTERNAL_HASH_TABLES. Bug fixed #1218330.
- An unnecessary buffer pool mutex acquisition has been removed, potentially improving performance. Upstream bug fixed #69258, bug fixed #1219842.
- Fixed the build warnings caused by User Statistics code on non-Linux platforms. Bug fixed #711817.
- Adaptive hash indexing partitioning code has been simplified, potentially improving performance. Bug fixed #1218321.
Other bugs fixed: upstream bug fixed #69617 bug fixed #1216815, upstream bug fixed #70228 bug fixed #1220544.
Release notes for Percona Server 5.6.13-60.6 are available in our online documentation. Bugs can be reported on the launchpad bug tracker.
Latest posts by Hrvoje Matijakovic (see all)