Percona XtraBackup 2.1.5 is now available
Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona XtraBackup 2.1.5 on September 19th, 2013. Downloads are available from our download site here and Percona Software Repositories.
This release is the current GA (Generally Available) stable release in the 2.1 series. Percona XtraBackup is an open source, free MySQL hot backup software that performs non-blocking backups for InnoDB and XtraDB databases. Percona XtraBackup is an open source, free MySQL hot backup software that performs non-blocking backups for InnoDB and XtraDB databases.
- Percona XtraBackup now supports new form of incremental backups for Percona Server 5.6 that uses Log Archiving for XtraDB feature.
- Percona XtraBackup now supports new innobackupex –version-check option. When specified, innobackupex will perform a version check against the server on the backup stage after creating a server connection.
- Percona XtraBackup did not close temporary files created when preparing a compact backup, which would lead to excessive disk space usage until the prepare process finished. Bug fixed #1111380.
- Depending on the subroutine innobackupex could sometimes leave the child processes running in case of the error. innobackupex now makes sure that all child processes are killed if an error occurs in the script. Bug fixed #1135441.
- The 5.6-based binary (
xtrabackup_56), which is used to backup both MySQL 5.6 and Percona Server 5.6 servers, did not support Percona Server-specific
innodb_log_block_size option in Percona Server 5.6.11+ and would fail when trying to backup a server with a non-default
innodb_log_block_size value. Bug fixed #1194828.
- Percona XtraBackup would stop in case log block numbers had to wrap around, which only happens once per 1 GB of log writes, and the wrap-around point was between the last checkpoint and the current log tail at the time the backup starts. Bug fixed #1206309.
xtrabackup_56 binary would fail to create a suspend file, which would result in an error. Bug fixed #1210266.
- Regression was introduced in Percona XtraBackup 2.1.4 which lead to
cp utility being used to copy metadata files even if the innobackupex –rsync option was used. Bug fixed #1211263.
Other bugs fixed: bug fixed #1214272, bug fixed #1214730, bug fixed #1213102, bug fixed #1213036, bug fixed #1204045, bug fixed #1154476, bug fixed #1195402, bug fixed #1195055.
Release notes with all the bugfixes for Percona XtraBackup 2.1.5 are available in our online documentation. All of Percona‘s software is open source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 2.1.5 milestone at Launchpad. Bugs can be reported on the launchpad bug tracker.
incremental backups, innobackupex, Log Archiving for XtraDB, Percona XtraBackup
Categories: Events and Announcements