Percona Server 5.5.33-31.1 is now available
Percona Server version 5.5.33-31.1
Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona Server 5.5.33-31.1 on August 27th, 2013 (Downloads are available here and from the Percona Software Repositories). Based on MySQL 5.5.33, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.5.33-31.1 is now the current stable release in the 5.5 series. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.5.33-31.1 milestone at Launchpad.
- The buffer pool mutex split patch implemented in Percona Server could cause a race condition, involving a dirty compressed page block for which there is an uncompressed page image in the buffer pool, that could lead to a server crash. Bug fixed #1086680.
- Changes made to the
RPM scripts for previous Percona Server version caused installer to fail if there were different
datadir options in multiple configuration files. Bug fixed #1201036.
- If binary log was enabled, Fake Changes transactions were binlogged. This could lead to data corruption issues with deeper replication topologies. Bug fixed #1190580.
- Percona Server
shared-compat package was being built with the 5.1.66 version of the client, which didn’t work with
OpenSSL. Fixed by building the shared-compat package with a more recent version. Bug fixed #1201393.
- Fixed the upstream bug #69639 which caused compile errors for Percona Server with DTrace version Sun D 1.11 provided by recent SmartOS versions.. Bug fixed #1196460.
- Fixed the regression introduced in Percona Server 5.5.32-31.0, where server wouldn’t be able to start if Atomic write support for Fusion-io devices was enabled. Bug fixed #1214735.
- Percona Server used to acquire the buffer pool
LRU list mutex in the I/O completion routine for the compressed page flush list flushes where it was not necessary. Bug fixed #1181269.
Other bugs fixed: bug fixed #1189743, bug fixed #1188162 and bug fixed #1203308.
Release notes for Percona Server 5.5.33-31.1 are available in our online documentation. Bugs can be reported on the launchpad bug tracker.
Latest posts by Hrvoje Matijakovic (see all)
Categories:Events and Announcements
, Percona Server
, Percona Software