EmergencyEMERGENCY? Get 24/7 Help Now!

Poll: What programming languages and platforms do you use?

Posted on:

By:

Share Button

What Programming Languages and Platforms do you use?What programming languages and platforms do you use for large-scale projects in your organization?

If something is missing from the list please leave a comment and share your story. Thanks!

What Programming languages and platforms do you use ?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Share Button

Peter Zaitsev

Peter managed the High Performance Group within MySQL until 2006, when he founded Percona. Peter has a Master's Degree in Computer Science and is an expert in database kernels, computer hardware, and application scaling.

Tags:

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories:
MySQL, Polls

Comments
  • Please consider taking the HandlerSocket PHP driver under your wings. It’s messy and a hinderance to adoption, definitely not production ready.

• No Haskell? My biggest production product is using Yesod, but I’ve also done smaller stuff with both Happstack and Snap.

• As ever it’s a blend, “good architecture” is the only think I try to use all the time. Languages and flavours of data storage & cache are just tools, the come third. First is understanding the data and the challenge (store/process/transmit of that data) second is the architecture.

• As always our inventory of languages exceeds the maximum number of choices (5) in the poll… Are we doing something wrong? 😛

• Steve Jackson

PaulC. My biggest gripe is that Oracle went ahead and did their own thing when HandlerSocket had been around for 2 years before 5.6 release. Seemed like a baaaaaad move to me. And I think only now in may, did the handlersocket source get patched to provide compile support for 5.6

• Hi, Peter. I usually use Grails now, before purely Java. I’m happy a chess person is so successful in IT industry. Good luck!

Percona’s widely read Percona Data Performance blog highlights our expertise in enterprise-class software, support, consulting and managed services solutions for both MySQL® and MongoDB® across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The decades of experience represented by our consultants is found daily in numerous and relevant blog posts.

Besides specific database help, the blog also provides notices on upcoming events and webinars.

Want to get weekly updates listing the latest blog posts? Subscribe to our blog now! Submit your email address below.

No, thank you. Please do not ask me again.