Poll: What programming languages and platforms do you use?

Poll: What programming languages and platforms do you use?

What Programming Languages and Platforms do you use?What programming languages and platforms do you use for large-scale projects in your organization?

If something is missing from the list please leave a comment and share your story. Thanks!

What Programming languages and platforms do you use ?

• PHP (25%, 607 Votes)
  • Javascript, Node.JS (14%, 350 Votes)
  • Shell/Bash etc (12%, 280 Votes)
  • Java (11%, 262 Votes)
  • Python (10%, 245 Votes)
  • C/C++/Objective-C (7%, 174 Votes)
  • Perl (6%, 150 Votes)
  • .NET/C# (5%, 116 Votes)
  • Ruby, Ruby on Rails (4%, 107 Votes)
  • JVM Based other than Java (Groovy, JRuby, Scala etc) (2%, 60 Votes)
  • Go (2%, 48 Votes)
  • Erlang (1%, 25 Votes)

Total Voters: 1,058

Loading ... Loading ...

Comments (6)

• PaulC Reply

Please consider taking the HandlerSocket PHP driver under your wings. It’s messy and a hinderance to adoption, definitely not production ready.

July 8, 2013 at 10:07 am
  • Tim Reply

No Haskell? My biggest production product is using Yesod, but I’ve also done smaller stuff with both Happstack and Snap.

July 8, 2013 at 2:34 pm
  • Jeremy Hutchings Reply

As ever it’s a blend, “good architecture” is the only think I try to use all the time. Languages and flavours of data storage & cache are just tools, the come third. First is understanding the data and the challenge (store/process/transmit of that data) second is the architecture.

July 8, 2013 at 8:02 pm
  • Art van Scheppingen Reply

As always our inventory of languages exceeds the maximum number of choices (5) in the poll… Are we doing something wrong? 😛

July 9, 2013 at 3:34 am
  • Steve Jackson Reply

PaulC. My biggest gripe is that Oracle went ahead and did their own thing when HandlerSocket had been around for 2 years before 5.6 release. Seemed like a baaaaaad move to me. And I think only now in may, did the handlersocket source get patched to provide compile support for 5.6

July 10, 2013 at 9:17 am
  • grails database guy Reply

Hi, Peter. I usually use Grails now, before purely Java. I’m happy a chess person is so successful in IT industry. Good luck!

July 12, 2013 at 4:35 am