Percona Server 5.5.32-31.0 now available
Percona Server version 5.5.32-31.0
Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona Server 5.5.32-31.0 on July 2nd, 2013 (Downloads are available here and from the Percona Software Repositories). Based on MySQL 5.5.32, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.5.32-31.0 is now the current stable release in the 5.5 series. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.5.32-31.0 milestone at Launchpad.
- Prevented a race condition that could lead to a server crash when querying the
INFORMATION_SCHEMA.INNODB_BUFFER_PAGE table. Bug fixed #1072573.
- Percona Server wouldn’t start if the XtraDB changed page tracking was enabled and variable innodb_flush_method was set to
ALL_O_DIRECT. Bug fixed #1131949.
- Fixed the upstream bug #68970 that, in Percona Server, would cause small tablespaces to expand too fast around 500KB tablespace size. Bug fixed #1169494.
- Query to the INNODB_CHANGED_PAGES table would cause server to stop with an I/O error if a bitmap file in the middle of requested
LSN range was missing. Bug fixed #1179974.
- Server would crash if an INNODB_CHANGED_PAGES query is issued that has an empty
LSN range and thus does not need to read any bitmap files. Bug fixed #1184427.
INFORMATION_SCHEMA.PARTITIONS table could cause key distribution statistics for partitioned tables to be reset to those corresponding to the last partition. Fixed the upstream bug #69179. Bug fixed #1192354.
- Incorrect schema definition for the User Statistics tables in INFORMATION_SCHEMA (CLIENT_STATISTICS, INDEX_STATISTICS, TABLE_STATISTICS, THREAD_STATISTICS, and USER_STATISTICS) led to the maximum counter values being limited to 32-bit signed integers. Fixed so that these values can be 64-bit unsigned integers now. Bug fixed #714925.
- Fixed the upstream bug #42415 that would cause
UPDATE/DELETE statements with the
LIMIT clause to be unsafe for Statement Based Replication even when
ORDER BY primary key was present. Fixed by implementing an algorithm to do more elaborate analysis on the nature of the query to determine whether the query will cause uncertainty for replication or not. Bug fixed #1132194.
- When an upgrade was performed between major versions (e.g. by uninstalling a 5.1
RPM and then installing a 5.5 one),
mysql_install_db was still called on the existing data directory which lead to re-creation of the
test database. Bug fixed #1169522.
- XtraDB changed page tracking used to hold the log system mutex for the log reads needlessly, potentially limiting performance on write-intensive workloads. Bug fixed #1171699.
RPM installer script had the datadir hardcoded to
/var/lib/mysql instead of using
my_print_defaults function to get the correct datadir info. Bug fixed #1181753.
- Missing path separator between the directory and file name components in a bitmap file name could stop the server starting if the
innodb_data_home_dir variable didn’t have the path separator at the end. Bug fixed #1181887.
- Fixed the upstream bug #68354 that could cause server to crash when performing update or join on Federated and MyISAM tables with one row, due to a bug in the Federated storage engine. Bug fixed #1182572.
- A warning is now returned if a bitmap file I/O error occurs after an INNODB_CHANGED_PAGES query started returning data to indicate an incomplete result set. Bug fixed #1185040.
- Under very rare circumstances, deleting a zero-size bitmap file at the right moment would make server stop with an I/O error if changed page tracking is enabled. Bug fixed #1184517.
- Fixed the compiler warnings caused by Atomic write support for Fusion-io devices when building Percona Server on non-Linux platforms. Bug fixed #1189429.
- The INNODB_CHANGED_PAGES table couldn’t be queried if the log tracker wasn’t running. Bug fixed #1185304.
- Transaction objects are now allocated calling
calloc() directly instead of using InnoDB heap allocation. This may improve write performance for high levels of concurrency. Bug fixed #1185686.
Other bugs fixed: bug fixed #1099764, bug fixed #1132412, bug fixed #1191395, bug fixed #1079688, bug fixed #1132422, bug fixed #1153651, bug fixed #1160951, bug fixed #1183583, bug fixed #1133266.
Release notes for Percona Server for MySQL 5.5.32-31.0 are available in our online documentation. Bugs can be reported on the launchpad bug tracker.
Categories: Events and Announcements