Percona MySQL University @Portland next Monday!
We’re less than a week away from Percona MySQL University at Portland, Oregon next Monday, June 17. The latest in a series of FREE one-day educational events, we are pleased to feature 10 technical talks by members of Team Percona as well as local members of the MySQL Community:
- Vadim Tkachenko, Percona co-Founder and CTO, will talk about Percona XtraDB Cluster, Percona Xtrabackup and Performance and Improvements and new Features in MySQL 5.6
- Garrick Peterson, a member of Percona’s RemoteDBA team, will talk about MHA for MySQL High Availability in the Cloud
- Matt Yonkovit, our VP of Consulting, will explain how to work with BigData effectively
- Justin Swanhart, our Senior MySQL Instructor, will continue the topic of BigData with a talk titled, “Conquering BigData with MySQL and Shard Query“
- Daniel Nichter, lead of the Percona Toolkit development team, will survey Percona Toolkit Command Line Tools – as well as go into more detail about using pt-table-checksum tool to verify replication integrity
- And finally, Andrew Ferlitsch will share with how MySQL can be used to provide access to government data.
The daylong event will be held at Portland State University’s Smith Memorial Student Union, located at 1825 SW Broadway, Suite 327/8/9 Portland, Oregon 97201. Afterward, we’ll have a networking reception at the famed Paddy’s Bar and Grill sponsored by Tag1 Consulting featuring great networking possibilities and free drinks for event attendees.
If you’re in the Portland area and work with MySQL, then this is an event you can’t afford to miss… So register now!
Please also join the Portland MySQL Meetup group for more MySQL-focused events in Portland
If you love the ideal of Percona MySQL University and would like us to bring the event to your city, please let us know!
Percona MySQL University, Vadim Tkachenko
Categories:Events and Announcements
, Percona MySQL Consulting
, Percona MySQL Support
, Percona MySQL Training
, Percona MySQL University
, Percona Remote DBA