Percona Server 5.6.11-60.3 first Release Candidate now available
Percona Server for MySQL version 5.6.11-60.3
Percona is glad to announce the first Release Candidate release of Percona Server 5.6.11-60.3 on June 3rd, 2013 (Downloads are available here and from the Percona Software Repositories).
Based on MySQL 5.6.11, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.6.11-60.3 is the first RC release in the Percona Server 5.6 series. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.6.11-60.3 milestone at Launchpad.
This release contains all the bug fixes from latest Percona Server 5.5 release (currently Percona Server 5.5.31-30.3).
- Transaction objects are now allocated calling
calloc() directly instead of using InnoDB heap allocation. This may improve write performance for high levels of concurrency. Bug fixed #1185686.
- Under very rare circumstances, deleting a zero-size bitmap file at the right moment would make server stop with an I/O error if changed page tracking is enabled. Bug fixed #1184517.
- Missing path separator between the directory and file name components in a bitmap file name could stop the server starting if the innodb_data_home_dir variable didn’t have the path separator at the end. Bug fixed #1181887.
- Changed page tracking used to hold the log system mutex for the log reads needlessly, potentially limiting performance on write-intensive workloads. Bug fixed #1171699.
- Incorrect schema definition for the User Statistics tables in
INFORMATION_SCHEMA (CLIENT_STATISTICS, INDEX_STATISTICS, TABLE_STATISTICS, THREAD_STATISTICS, and USER_STATISTICS) led to the maximum counter values being limited to 32-bit signed integers. Fixed so that these values can be 64-bit unsigned integers now. Bug fixed #714925.
- Server would crash if an INNODB_CHANGED_PAGES query is issued that has an empty LSN range and thus does not need to read any bitmap files. Bug fixed #1184427.
- Query to the INNODB_CHANGED_PAGES table would cause server to stop with an I/O error if a bitmap file in the middle of requested LSN range was missing. Bug fixed #1179974.
- A warning is now returned if a bitmap file I/O error occurs after an INNODB_CHANGED_PAGES query started returning data to indicate an incomplete result set. Bug fixed #1185040.
- The INNODB_CHANGED_PAGES table couldn’t be queried if the log tracker wasn’t running. Bug fixed #1185304.
- Fixed the upstream bug #68970 that, in Percona Server, would cause small tablespaces to expand too fast around 500KB tablespace size. Bug fixed #1169494.
- Fixed the
RPM package dependencies issues. Bug fixed #1186831.
- Reduced the overhead from the Handle Corrupted Tables check as it was missing branch predictor annotations. Bug fixed #1176864.
Other bug fixes: bug fixed #1184695, bug fixed #1184512, bug fixed #1183585, bug fixed #1178606, bug fixed #1177356, bug fixed #1160895, bug fixed #1182876, bug fixed #1180481, bug fixed #1163135, bug fixed #1157078, bug fixed #1182889, bug fixed #1133926, bug fixed #1165098, bug fixed #1182793, bug fixed #1157075, bug fixed #1183625, bug fixed #1155475, bug fixed #1157037, bug fixed #1182065, bug fixed #1182837, bug fixed #1177780, bug fixed #1154954.
Release notes for Percona Server for MySQL 5.6.11-60.3 are available in our online documentation. Bugs can be reported on the launchpad bug tracker.
Percona Server, Release Candidate
, Percona Server
, Percona Software