Percona Server for MySQL 5.5.31-30.3 now availableHrvoje Matijakovic
Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona Server for MySQL 5.5.31-30.3 on May 24, 2013 (Downloads are available here and from the Percona Software Repositories). Based on MySQL 5.5.31, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.5.31-30.3 is now the current stable release in the 5.5 series. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.5.31-30.3 milestone at Launchpad.
- Percona Server has ported the Atomic write support for Fusion-io devices patch from MariaDB. This feature adds atomic write support for
directFSfilesystem on Fusion-io devices. This feature implementation is considered BETA quality.
- Percona Server has introduced innodb_read_views_memory and innodb_descriptors_memory status variables in the Extended Show Engine InnoDB Status to improve InnoDB memory usage diagnostics.
- Fix for bug #1131187 introduced a regression that could cause a memory leak if query cache was used together with InnoDB. Bug fixed #1170103.
- Fixed the RPM packaging regression that was introduced with the fix for bug #710799. This regression caused
mysqlschema to be missing after the clean RPM installation. Bug fixed #1174426.
- Fixed the
Percona-XtraDB-Cluster-sharedRPM package dependences. Bug fixed #1050654.
- Fixed the upstream bug #68999 which caused compiling Percona Server to fail on CentOS 5 and Debian squeeze due to older
OpenSSLversion. Bug fixed #1183610.
- If a slave was running with its binary log enabled and then restarted with the binary log disabled, Crash-Resistant Replication could overwrite the relay log info log with an incorrect position. Bug fixed #1092593.
- Fixed the CVE-2012-5615 vulnerability. This vulnerability would allow remote attacker to detect what user accounts exist on the server. This bug fix comes originally from MariaDB (see MDEV-3909). Bug fixed #1171941.
- Fixed the CVE-2012-5627 vulnerability, where an unprivileged MySQL account owner could perform brute-force password guessing attack on other accounts efficiently. This bug fix comes originally from MariaDB (see MDEV-3915). Bug fixed #1172090.
mysql_set_permissionwas failing on Debian due to missing
libdbd-mysql-perlpackage. Fixed by adding the package dependency. Bug fixed #1003776.
- Rebuilding Debian source package would fail because
automakewere missing from
build-dep. Bug fixed #1023575 (Stephan Adig).
- Backported the fix for the upstream bug #65077 from the MySQL 5.6 version, which removed MyISAM internal temporary table mutex contention. Bug fixed #1179978.