Announcing Percona XtraBackup 2.1.1 GA
Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona XtraBackup 2.1.1 on May 15th 2013. Downloads are available from our download site here and Percona Software Repositories.
Percona XtraBackup enables backups without blocking user queries, making it ideal for companies with large data sets and mission-critical applications that cannot tolerate long periods of downtime. Offered free as an open source solution, XtraBackup drives down backup costs while providing unique features for MySQL backup. The new 2.1.1 GA version offers improved performance, enterprise-grade security, and lower resource usage.
This release is the first GA (Generally Available) stable release in the 2.1 series.
- Percona XtraBackup now has support for Compact Backups. This feature can be used for taking the backups that will take less amount of disk space. GA release now contains new innobackupex –rebuild-threads option that can be used to specify the number of threads started by XtraBackup when rebuilding secondary indexes on
innobackupex --apply-log --rebuild-indexes. This allows parallel processing of individual tables when rebuilding the index.
- Percona XtraBackup has implemented Encrypted Backups. This feature can be used to encrypt/decrypt both local and streamed backups in order to add another layer of protection to the backups.
- innobackupex now uses Perl’s
DBD::MySQL package for server communication instead of spawning the MySQL command line client.
- Support for InnoDB 5.0 and InnoDB 5.1 builtin has been removed from Percona XtraBackup.
- After being deprecated in previous version, option
--remote-host has been completely removed in Percona XtraBackup 2.1.
- Percona XtraBackup can use XtraDB changed page tracking feature to perform the Incremental Backups now.
- innobackupex is using
SHOW MASTER STATUS to obtain binlog file and position. This could trigger a bug if the server being backed up was standalone server (neither master nor slave in replication) and binlog information wasn’t available. Fixed by not creating
xtrabackup_binlog_info file when binlog isn’t available. Bug fixed #1168513.
- Percona XtraBackup would leave
xbtemp temp files behind due to a typo. Bug fixed #1172016.
- Percona XtraBackup would assume the table has been dropped if the tablespace was renamed after it was scanned by XtraBackup on startup and before XtraBackup attempted to copy it. Bug fixed #1079700.
xtrabackup_pid file left inside tmpdir could cause SST to fail. Fixed by fix checking if
xtrabackup_pid file exists once innobackupex starts, and try to remove it or fail if it cannot be removed. Bug fixed #1175860.
- xtrabackup –stats option would not work with server datadir if the server isn’t running and logs were in a separate directory. Bug fixed #1174314.
Other bugs fixed: bug fixed #1166713, bug fixed #1175581, bug fixed #1175318, bug fixed #1175309, bug fixed #1176198, bug fixed #1175566.
Release notes with all the bugfixes for Percona XtraBackup 2.1.1 are available in our online documentation. Bugs can be reported on the launchpad bug tracker.
, Percona XtraBackup