Percona Toolkit 2.2.2 released; bug fixes include pt-heartbeat & pt-archiver
During the Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo 2013 the week before last, we quietly released Percona Toolkit 2.2.2 with a few bug fixes:
- pt-archiver –bulk-insert may corrupt data
- pt-heartbeat –utc –check always returns 0
- pt-query-digest 2.2 prints unwanted debug info on tcpdump parsing errors
- pt-query-digest 2.2 prints too many string values
- Some tools don’t have –help or –version
- Some tools use @@hostname without /*!50038*/
- pt-stalk prints the wrong variable name in verbose mode when –function is used
- And more
The first two bugs are important. Those using pt-archiver –bulk-insert with UTF-8 data should definitely upgrade. Those using pt-heartbeat –utc should also definitely upgrade.
Users may note the revival of the –show-all option in pt-query-digest. This had been removed in 2.2.1, but resulted in too much output in certain cases.
A new –recursion-method was added to pt-table-checksum: cluster. This method attempts to auto-discover cluster nodes, alleviating the need to specify cluster node DSNs in a DSN table (–recursion-method=dsn).
See https://launchpad.net/percona-toolkit/+milestone/2.2.2 for the full list of bugs fixed in Percona Toolkit 2.2.2.
Visit https://www.percona.com/software/percona-toolkit to download Percona Toolkit 2.2.2; it’s also in our main repos.
Daniel Nichter, Percona Toolkit, Percona Toolkit 2.2.2, pt-archiver, pt-heartbeat
, Percona Toolkit