Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona XtraBackup 2.1.0 for MySQL beta on April 22, 2013. Downloads are available from our download site here. For this BETA release, we will not be making APT and YUM repositories available, just base deb and RPM packages
This is an BETA quality release and is not intended for production. If you want a high quality, generally available release, the current stable version should be used (currently 2.0.6 in the 2.0 series at the time of writing).
This release contains all of the features and bug fixes in Percona XtraBackup for MySQL 2.0.6, plus the following:
- Percona XtraBackup has implemented basic support for MySQL 5.6, Percona Server 5.6 and MariaDB 10.0. Basic support means that these versions are are recognized by XtraBackup, and that backup/restore works as long as no 5.6-specific features are used (such as GTID, remote/transportable tablespaces, separate undo tablespace, 5.6-style buffer pool dump files).
- Percona XtraBackup can use XtraDB changed page tracking feature to perform the Incremental Backups now.
- Fixed couple of warnings found in innobackupex when all warnings have been made
FATAL. Bug fixed #1116177.
- innobackupex is using
SHOW MASTER STATUSto obtain binlog file and position. This could trigger a bug if the server being backed up was standalone server (neither master nor slave in replication) and binlog information wasn’t available. Fixed by not creating
xtrabackup_binlog_infofile when binlog isn’t available. Bug fixed #1168513.
- Fixed the typo in the innobackupex error output. Bug fixed #1157225.
- Redundant code has been removed from
xtrabackup.cc. Bug fixed #1162765.