Percona Playback 0.6 for MySQL now available
Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona Playback 0.6 for MySQL on April 9, 2013. Downloads are available from our download site and Percona Software Repositories.
Percona Playback for MySQL is a tool for replaying the load of one database server to another. Currently it can read queries from MySQL query-log and MySQL tcpdump files and run them on other MySQL server. With Percona Playback you can measure how a server or database upgrade, change in my.cnf or schema change can affect the overall performance of your MySQL database server.
Percona Playback for MySQL can also help evaluate new server versions, patches and hardware against existing setups to allow users to make an informed choice about deploying changes to their database infrastructure.
This release should be considered BETA quality.
- New Pool of threads feature has been implemented that can be used for dispatching queries to MySQL database servers. This feature introduces new —thread-pool-threads-count option, which can be used to specify the number of threads in the thread pool dispatcher plugin.
- Percona Playback for MySQL now shows error when it’s unable to connect to the MySQL database server. Bug fixed #1070824 (Vlad Lesin).
- Multi-line query parsing has been improved. Bug fixed #1080648 (Vlad Lesin).
- Missing build dependences have been added to the
README file. Bug fixed #1072845 (Stewart Smith).
- Percona Playback for MySQL wouldn’t reconnect or log the error if the connection was broken during the query. Bug fixed #1080654 (Vlad Lesin).
Release notes with all the bugfixes for Percona Playback for MySQL are available in our online documentation. Bugs can be reported on the launchpad bug tracker.
MySQL query-log, MySQL server, MySQL tcpdump, Percona Playback