MySQL 5.6 Compatible Percona XtraBackup 2.0.6 ReleasedHrvoje Matijakovic
This release is the current GA (Generally Available) stable release in the 2.0 series.
- XtraBackup 2.0.6 has implemented basic support for MySQL 5.6, Percona Server 5.6 and MariaDB 10.0. Basic support means that these versions are are recognized by XtraBackup, and that backup/restore works as long as no 5.6-specific features are used (such as
GTID, remote/transportable tablespaces, separate undo tablespace, 5.6-style buffer pool dump files).
- Individual InnoDB tablespaces with size less than 1MB were extended to 1MB on the backup prepare operation. This led to a large increase in disk usage in cases when there are many small InnoDB tablespaces. Bug fixed #950334 (Daniel Frett, Alexey Kopytov).
- Fixed the issue that caused databases corresponding to inaccessible datadir subdirectories to be ignored by XtraBackup without warning or error messages. This was happening because InnoDB code silently ignored datadir subdirectories it could not open. Bug fixed #664986 (Alexey Kopytov).
- Under some circumstances XtraBackup could fail to copy a tablespace with a high
--paralleloption value and a low
innodb_open_filesvalue. Bug fixed #870119 (Alexey Kopytov).
- Fix for the bug #711166 introduced a regression that caused individual partition backups to fail when used with
--includeoption in innobackupex or the
--tablesoption in xtrabackup. Bug fixed #1130627 (Alexey Kopytov).
- innobackupex didn’t add the file-per-table setting for table-independent backups. Fixed by making XtraBackup auto-enable
--exportoption is used. Bug fixed #930062 (Alexey Kopytov).
- Under some circumstances XtraBackup could fail on a backup prepare with
innodb_flush_method=O_DIRECT. Bug fixed #1055547 (Alexey Kopytov).
- innobackupex did not pass the
--tmpdiroption to the xtrabackup binary resulting in the server’s tmpdir always being used for temporary files. Bug fixed #1085099 (Alexey Kopytov).
- XtraBackup for MySQL 5.6 has improved the error reporting for unrecognized server versions. Bug fixed #1087219 (Alexey Kopytov).
- Fixed the missing
Perl Time::HiRespackage that caused innobackupex to fail on minimal CentOS installations. Bug fixed #1121573 (Alexey Bychko).
- innobackupex would fail when
--rsyncwere used in conjunction. Bug fixed #1123335 (Sergei Glushchenko).
- Fix for the bug #1055989 introduced a regression that caused
xtrabackup_pidfile to remain in the temporary dir after execution. Bug fixed #1114955 (Alexey Kopytov).
- Unnecessary debug messages have been removed from the XtraBackup output. Bug fixed #1131084 (Alexey Kopytov).
Other bug fixes: bug fixed #1153334 (Alexey Kopytov), bug fixed #1098498 (Laurynas Biveinis), bug fixed #1132763 (Laurynas Biveinis), bug fixed #1142229 (Laurynas Biveinis), bug fixed #1130581 (Laurynas Biveinis).