Announcing Percona Server for MySQL version 5.1.67-14.4
Percona Server for MySQL version 5.1.67-14.4
Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona Server for MySQL version 5.1.67-14.4 on March 8, 2013 (Downloads are available here and from the Percona Software Repositories). Based on MySQL 5.1.67, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.1.67-14.4 is now the current stable release in the 5.1 series. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.1.67-14.4 milestone at Launchpad.
- Time in slow query log was displayed incorrectly when slow_query_log_microseconds_timestamp variable was set to microseconds. Bug fixed #887928 (Laurynas Biveinis).
- Upstream bug #67983 was causing a memory leak on a filtered slave. Bug fixed #1042946 (Sergei Glushchenko).
- The master thread was doing dirty buffer pool flush list reads to make its adaptive flushing decisions. Fixed by acquiring the flush list mutex around the list scans. Bug fixed #1083058 (Laurynas Biveinis).
- The server could crash when executing an
UPDATE statement containing
BLOB values for a compressed table. This regression was introduced in Percona Server 5.1.59-13.0. Bug fixed #1100159 (Laurynas Biveinis).
- Fixed the upstream #68116 that caused the server crash with assertion error when InnoDB monitor with verbose lock info was used under heavy load. This bug is affecting only
-debug builds. Bug fixed #1100178 (Laurynas Biveinis).
- When option
innodb_flush_method=O_DIRECT was set up, log bitmap files were created and treated as InnoDB data files for flushing purposes, which wasn’t original intention. Bug fixed #1105709 (Laurynas Biveinis).
INFORMATION_SCHEMA plugin name innodb_changed_pages serves also as a command line option, but it is also a prefix of another command line option innodb_changed_pages_limit. MySQL option handling would then shadow the former with the latter, resulting in start up errors. Fixed by renaming the innodb_changed_pages_limit option to innodb_max_changed_pages. Bug fixed #1105726 (Laurynas Biveinis).
- Writing bitmap larger than 4GB would cause write to fail. Also a write error for every bitmap page, except the first one, would result in a heap corruption. Bug fixed #1111226 (Laurynas Biveinis).
- XtraDB changed page tracking wasn’t compatible with innodb_force_recovery=6. When starting the server log tracking initialization would fail. The server would abort on startup. Bug fixed #1083596 (Laurynas Biveinis).
- InnoDB monitor was prefetching the data pages for printing lock information even if no lock information was going to be printed. Bug fixed #1100643 (Laurynas Biveinis).
- Newly created bitmap file would silently overwrite the old one if they had the same file name. Bug fixed #1111144 (Laurynas Biveinis).
- A server would stop with an assertion error in I/O and AIO routines if large innodb_log_block_size value is used in the combination with changed page tracking. Bug fixed #1114612 (Laurynas Biveinis).
- Fixed the regression introduced with the fix for bug #1083058 which caused unnecessary mutex reacquisitions in adaptive flushing. Bug fixed #1117067 (Laurynas Biveinis).
- InnoDB and the query plan information were being logged even if they weren’t enabled for the slow query log. Bug fixed #730173 (Laurynas Biveinis).
- Fixed the regular expressions used for filtering the InnoDB stats that were causing sporadic extraneous lines in
mysqldumpslow output. Bug fixed #1097692 (Laurynas Biveinis).
Other bug fixes in Percona Server for MySQL 5.1.67-14.4: bug fixed #1098436 (Laurynas Biveinis), bug fixed #1096904 (Laurynas Biveinis), bug fixed #1096899 (Laurynas Biveinis), bug fixed #1096895 (Laurynas Biveinis), bug fixed #1092142 (Laurynas Biveinis), bug fixed #1091712 (Laurynas Biveinis), bug fixed #1090874 (Laurynas Biveinis), bug fixed #1089961 (Laurynas Biveinis), bug fixed #1088954 (Laurynas Biveinis), bug fixed #1088867 (Laurynas Biveinis), bug fixed #1089265 (Laurynas Biveinis), bug fixed #1089031 (Laurynas Biveinis), bug fixed #1108874 (Laurynas Biveinis), bug fixed #1083669 (Laurynas Biveinis), bug fixed #1082437 (Laurynas Biveinis), bug fixed #909376 (Laurynas Biveinis).
Release notes for Percona Server 5.1.67-14.4 are available in our online documentation. Bugs can be reported on the launchpad bug tracker.
MySQL, MySQL 5.1.67, Percona Server
Categories: Events and Announcements