Percona Toolkit 2.1.8 released today with beta support for MySQL 5.6
Percona Toolkit 2.1.8
Percona Toolkit 2.1.8 was released today and the new version comes with some pretty cool news: Beta support for MySQL 5.6 (which as you might know is also in beta).
In addition to various bug fixes, Percona Toolkit 2.1.8 also offers beta support for Percona XtraDB Cluster (PXC). Version 2.1.8 continues the trend of solid bug fix releases, and all 2.1 users are encouraged to upgrade.
You can download Percona Toolkit 2.1.8 here. (More info on Percona Toolkit). Users who plan on running the tools on Percona XtraDB Cluster or MySQL 5.6 are advised to upgrade.
The following tools have been verified to work on PXC versions 5.5.28 and newer:
The bug fixes are widely assorted. The following highlights some of the more interesting and “hot” bugs:
- Fixed bug 1082599: pt-query-digest fails to parse timestamp with no query. Slow logs which include timestamps but no query–which can happen if using slow_query_log_timestamp_always in Percona Server–were misparsed, resulting in an erroneous report. Now such no-query events show up in reports as
/* No query */
- Fixed bug 1078838: pt-query-digest doesn’t parse general log with “Connect user as user.” The “as” was misparsed and the following word would end up reported as the database; pt-query-digest now handles this correctly.
- Fixed bug 1015590: pt-mysql-summary doesn’t handle renamed variables in Percona Server 5.5. Some renamed variables had caused the Percona Server section to work unreliably.
- Fixed bug 1074179: pt-table-checksum doesn’t ignore tables for –replicate-check-only. When using –replicate-check-only, filter options like –databases and –tables were not applied.
- Fixed bug 886059: pt-heartbeat handles timezones inconsistently. Previously, pt-heartbeat respected the MySQL time zone, but this caused false readings (e.g. very high lag) with slaves running in different time zones. Now pt-heartbeat uses UTC regardless of the server or MySQL time zone.
- Fixed bug 1079341: pt-online-schema-change checks for foreign keys on MyISAM tables. Since MyISAM tables can’t have foreign keys, and the tool uses the information_schema to find child tables, this could cause unnecessary load on the server.
Percona Toolkit packages can also be downloaded from https://www.percona.com/downloads/percona-toolkit/ or the Percona Software Repositories (https://www.percona.com/software/repositories/).
MySQL 5.6, Percona Toolkit, Percona Toolkit 2.1.8, Percona XtraDB Cluster, pxc
, Percona Software
, Percona Toolkit