Announcing Percona Server 5.5.28-29.2
Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona Server 5.5.28-29.2 on December 7th, 2012 (Downloads are available here and from the Percona Software Repositories).
Based on MySQL 5.5.28, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.5.28-29.2 is now the current stable release in the 5.5 series. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.5.28-29.2 milestone at Launchpad.
- Multiple bitmap file support for XtraDB changed page tracking has been implemented.
- Percona Server now has an option to build the binary tarball with enabled debugging. New flag
--debug has been added to the build script, that will create a build with the debug-enabled binaries. New binaries will have -debug appended in case it is a debug build, ie. mysqld-debug.
- HandlerSocket has been updated to version 1.1.0
- innochecksum has been extended with an option to read file format information from a given InnoDB data file. As only the first page needs to be read to detect the format/version information, it can also be used on a running server. This information can be useful when doing the Expand Table Import.
- Support for Fake Changes has been improved by fetching the sibling pages.
- Fast InnoDB Checksum feature has now been deprecated.
- innodb_fake_changes didn’t handle duplicate keys on
REPLACE. In some cases this could cause infinite loop. Bug fixed #898306 (Mark Callaghan, Laurynas Biveinis).
- Fixed the package dependencies for CentOS 6, that caused conflicts during the install. Bug fixed #908620 (Ignacio Nin).
innodb_fake_changes would allocate too many extents on
UPDATE. In some cases this could cause infinite loop. Bug fixed #917942 (Mark Callaghan, Laurynas Biveinis).
- Fixed the upstream bug #67737. mysqldump test would fail due to mixing
STDERR. Bug fixed #959198 (Stewart Smith).
- Although fake change transactions downgrade the requested exclusive (X) row locks to shared (S) locks, these S locks prevent X locks from being taken and block the real changes. This fix introduces a new option innodb_locking_fake_changes which, when set to FALSE, makes fake transactions not to take any row locks. Bug fixed #1064326 (Mark Callaghan, Laurynas Biveinis).
- Fake changes were increasing the changed row and userstat counters. Bug fixed #1064333 (Laurynas Biveinis).
- Log tracking was initialized too late during the InnoDB startup. Bug fixed #1076892 (Laurynas Biveinis).
- Debuginfo Debian packages have been added for Percona Server. Bugs fixed #711062 and #1043873 (Ignacio Nin).
- There is no need to scan buffer pool for AHI entries after the B-trees for the tablespace have been dropped, as that will already clean them. Bug fixed #1076215 (Laurynas Biveinis).
Release notes for Percona Server 5.5.28-29.2 are available in our online documentation. Bugs can be reported on the launchpad bug tracker.