Based on MySQL 5.5.28, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.5.28-29.1 is now the current stable release in the 5.5 series. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.5.28-29.1 milestone at Launchpad.
- Percona Server has ported Twitter’s MySQL NUMA patch. This patch implements improved NUMA support as it prevents imbalanced memory allocation across NUMA nodes.
- Percona Server would disconnect clients if gdb was attached and detached. This was caused by wrong signal handling. Bugs fixed #805805 and #1060136 (Laurynas Biveinis).
- Fixed the upstream MySQL #66890, where slave server would crash after update statement. Bug fixed #1053342 (George Ormond Lorch III).
- Reads from tablespaces being deleted would result in buffer pool locking error. Bug fixed #1042640 (Stewart Smith).
- Resolved the Ubuntu Percona Server package conflicts with upstream packages. Bug fixed #907499 (Ignacio Nin).
- Crash-resistant replication would break with binlog XA transaction recovery. If a crash would happened between XA PREPARE and COMMIT stages, the prepared InnoDB transaction would not have the slave position recorded and thus would fail to update it once it is replayed during binlog crash recovery. Bug fixed #1012715 (Laurynas Biveinis).