Announcing Percona XtraBackup 2.0.3
Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona XtraBackup 2.0.3 on October 1st, 2012. Downloads are available from our download site here and Percona Software Repositories.
This release is the current GA (Generally Available) stable release in the 2.0 series.
- innobackupex now supports new –move-back option that can be used instead of –copy-back in case there isn’t enough free disk space on the server to copy files. As this option removes backup files, it must be used with caution.
- Symlink for innobackupex-1.5.1 binary has been broken in the previous version of XtraBackup. Bug fixed #1038198 (Ignacio Nin).
- XtraBackup 2.0.2 was not backwards compatible which caused incremental backups created with previous versions to fail on prepare. Bug fixed #1038127 (Sergei Glushchenko).
- Fix for bug #1022562 introduced a regression that may potentially lead to a 5x increase in disk space occupied by incremental backups. Bug fixed #1043762 (Laurynas Biveinis).
- A regression was introduced in fix for bug #932623 which caused incorrect handling of compressed tablespaces with the page size of 16K, that were created between the last full or incremental and the next incremental backup. Bugs fixed #1049174 and #1044398 (Laurynas Biveinis).
Release notes with all the bugfixes for Percona XtraBackup 2.0.3 are available in our online documentation. Bugs can be reported on the launchpad bug tracker.
Categories: Events and Announcements