Based on MySQL 5.1.65, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.1.65-14.0 is now the current stable release in the 5.1 series. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.1.65-14.0 milestone at Launchpad.
- Percona Server now supports XtraDB changed page tracking. This feature will be used for implementing faster incremental backups that use this information to avoid full data scans.
- New table INNODB_CHANGED_PAGES has been implemented. This table contains a list of modified pages from the modified page bitmap files produced by the log tracking thread.
- HandlerSocket has been upgraded to version 1.1.0.
- Loading LRU dump was preventing shutdown. Bug fixed #712055 (George Ormond Lorch III).
- The kill idle transactions feature in XtraDB (if enabled) could sometimes cause the server to crash. Bug fixed #871722 (Stewart Smith).
- Fixed server assertion error related to buffer pool, only visible in debug builds. Bug fixed #905334 (Laurynas Biveinis).
- Querying I_S.GLOBAL_TEMPORARY_TABLES or TEMPORARY_TABLES would crash threads working with temporary tables. Bug fixed #951588 (Laurynas Biveinis).
- A crash could leave behind an InnoDB temporary table with temporary indexes resulting in an unbootable server. Bug fixed #999147 (Laurynas Biveinis).
- Fixed the upstream MySQL bug #66301. Concurrent INSERT … ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE statements on a table with an AUTO_INCREMENT column could result in spurious duplicate key errors (and, as a result, lost data due to some rows being updated rather than inserted) with the default value of innodb_autoinc_lock_mode=1. Bug fixed #1035225 (Alexey Kopytov).
- Since the output file is simply overwritten when dumping the LRU list, we could end up with a partially written dump file in case of a crash, or when making a backup copy of it. Safer approach has been implemented. It now dumps to a temporary file first, and then renames it to the actual dump file. Bug fixed #686392 (George Ormond Lorch III).
- Fixed the issue where LRU dump would hold LRU_list_mutex during the entire dump process. Now the mutex is periodically released in order not to block server while the dump is in progress. Bug fixed #686534 (George Ormond Lorch III).
- Removed error log warnings that occured after enabling innodb_use_sys_stats_table and before ANALYZE TABLE is run for each table. Bug fixed #890623 (Alexey Kopytov).
- A server acting as a replication slave with the query cache enabled could crash with glibc detected memory corruption. Bug fixed #915814 (George Ormond Lorch III).
- If the tablespace has been created with MySQL 5.0 or older, importing that table could crash Percona Server in some cases. Bug fixed #1000221 (Alexey Kopytov).
- Error log messages are now more verbose for LRU dump. Bug fixed #713481 (George Ormond Lorch III).
- Fixed issue where innodb_blocking_lru_restore did not take an optional bool argument similar to other bool options. Bug fixed #881001 (George Ormond Lorch III).
- Removed the unneeded lrusort.py script. The server now does this sorting automatically and has done for some time. Bug fixed #882653 (Stewart Smith).
- Server started with skip-innodb crashes on SELECT * FROM INNODB_TABLE_STATS or INNODB_INDEX_STATS. Bug fixed #896439 (Stewart Smith).
- Removed the INFORMATION_SCHEMA table INNODB_PATCHES (actually XTRADB_ENHANCEMENTS) as it was out of date and isn’t in 5.5 or later either. Bug fixed #1009997 (Stewart Smith).
Release notes for Percona Server 5.1.65-14.0 are available in our online documentation.