Version 1.0 of Percona Monitoring Plugins Released

I’m happy to announce that version 1.0 of Percona Monitoring Plugins is now available. The Percona Monitoring Plugins are high-quality plugins, templates, and add-ons for Nagios and Cacti, so you can add world-class MySQL monitoring to your existing enterprise open-source monitoring products.

Version 1.0 fixes a variety of bugs that users found in version 0.9.0. Here are the usual links: changelog, documentation, downloads, source code, bug reports, mailing list, and of course, you should purchase a support contract.

Comments (8)

• bob Reply

What no Munin? If you can write Nagios and Cacti plugins, Munin should be trivial.

And while we’re on the subject, now you’re partnered with New Relic, how about some customised New Relic stuff?

April 18, 2012 at 7:24 am
  • Silvia Reply

Also adding a vote for adding munin graphs. 🙂

April 18, 2012 at 8:53 am
  • Baron Schwartz Reply

Thanks for your feature requests — it helps me prioritize!

April 18, 2012 at 10:14 am
  • Jacky Leung Reply

Hi Baron,

Thanks for your effort and introducing of the cacti. It helps a lot of monitoring server load and performances. But I got a question, is it possible to include y-axis of what the value represent?

e.g. memcache cacti template, having Curr connections average 400. Is the value being measure hourly? (i.e. 400 connections per hour) or how is the value being defined?

Thanks

April 19, 2012 at 5:06 am
  • Baron Schwartz Reply

The graphs all use RRDTool conventions. GAUGE is a current value. COUNTER/DERIVE is per second.

April 19, 2012 at 5:23 am
  • Daysen Veerasamy Reply

Hi Baron,

I see that the pmp-check-mysql-innodb plugin for Nagios leaves a lot of files (e.g. pmp-check-mysql-innodb.1196) in /tmp. Is that a desired feature?

Thanks
    Daysen

April 27, 2012 at 12:43 am
    • Baron Schwartz Reply

That is apparently a bug (or “feature” — I’m not sure if the official shell spec defines the right behavior) in specific shell implementations. It’s been reported on Launchpad.

April 27, 2012 at 8:20 am
  • shafiur rahman Reply

Hi, there. I have install percona plugins for cacti, i have followed all the steps given by the percona site, but unfortunately some thing is worng, since all of the percona plugin’s graph are not showing any data. it would be nice if someone help me to figure out what’s wrong with my configuration.

January 15, 2013 at 12:50 am