Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.5.20 – Beta release
I am happy to announce the availability of beta release of our new product Percona XtraDB Cluster.
Percona XtraDB Cluster is High Availability and Scalability solution for MySQL Users and the beta release is based on Percona Server 5.5.20 and the recently released Galera 2.0 GA
The main focus in this release:
- Incremental State Transfer, especially useful for WAN deployments
- Support of Percona XtraBackup for Snapshot State Transfer. This feature is available in pre-release series for XtraBackup 2.0
Despite Galera 2.0 has status “production ready”, we still name our release “beta”, as
we want to give an additional attention on an integration of Galera with Percona Server features and
on using XtraBackup for SST. Please test it if you are going to try XtraDB Cluster.
Percona XtraDB Cluster provides:
- Synchronous replication. Transaction either commited on all nodes or none.
- Multi-master replication. You can write to any node.
- Parallel applying events on slave. Real “parallel replication”.
- Automatic node provisioning.
- Data consistency. No more unsyncronised slaves.
Percona XtraDB Cluster is fully compatible with MySQL or Percona Server in the following meaning:
- Data compatibility. Percona XtraDB Cluster works with databases created in MySQL / Percona Server
- Application compatibility. There is no or minimal application changes required to start work with Percona XtraDB Cluster
Please note, this is a beta release, not suitable for production yet. Bugs and some rough edges are expected. We are encouraging you to try and play with it in testing environment and report us your feedback and experience.
We expect to have a production-ready release by the end of March 2012.
Previous posts on this topic: