I am happy to announce the availability of alpha release of our new product Percona XtraDB Cluster.
Percona XtraDB Cluster is High Availability and Scalability solution for MySQL Users and based on Percona Server 5.5.17
Percona XtraDB Cluster provides:
- Synchronous replication. Transaction either commited on all nodes or none.
- Multi-master replication. You can write to any node.
- Parallel applying events on slave. Real “parallel replication”.
- Automatic node provisioning.
- Data consistency. No more unsyncronised slaves.
Percona XtraDB Cluster is fully compatible with MySQL or Percona Server in the following meaning:
- Data compatibility. Percona XtraDB Cluster works with databases created in MySQL / Percona Server
- Application compatibility. There is no or minimal application changes required to start work with Percona XtraDB Cluster
Percona XtraDB Cluster is based on Percona Server with XtraDB and includes Write Set REPlication patches. It uses the Galera library, version 2.x, a generic Synchronous Multi-Master replication plugin for transactional applications.
The Galera library is developed by Codership Oy company and
Galera 2.x supports such new features as:
- Incremental State Transfer, especially useful for WAN deployments
- RSU, Rolling Schema Update. Schema change does not block operations against table
Please note, this is an alpha release, not suitable for production yet. Bugs and some rough edges are expected. We are encouraging you to try and play with it in testing environment and report us your feedback and experience.
We provide tar.gz and RPM binaries for RedHat (CentOS, Oracle Linux) 5 and 6, and Debian packages.
- General Discussion group
- Launchpad project
- Bug reports
Previous posts on this topic:
- Benchmarking Galera replication overhead
- Percona Server 5.5.15 + Galera 21.1-beta2
- State of the art: Galera – synchronous replication for InnoDB