Percona Server 5.5.11-20.2 is now available for download, including an experimental build for MacOS. Released on April 28, 2011, it is the current stable release in the the 5.5 series.
- HandlerSocket, a NoSQL plugin for MySQL, has been updated to the latest stable version as April 11th, 2011.
- InnoDB fast index creation now works with mysqldump, ALTER TABLE and OPTIMIZE TABLE. (Alexey Kopytov)
- Variable innodb_extra_rsegments was removed because the equivalent, ‘innodb_rollback_segments’, has been implemented in MySQL 5.5. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Bug #757749 – Using ALTER TABLE to convert an InnoDB table to a MEMORY table could fail due to a bug in innodb_expand_fast_index_creation.patch. (Alexey Kopytov)
- Bug #764395 – InnoDB crashed with an assertion failure when receiving a signal on pwrite(). The problem was that InnoDB I/O code was not fully conforming to the standard on POSIX systems. Calls to fsync(), pread(), and pwrite() can be interrupted by a signal. In such cases, InnoDB would crash with an assertion failure, rather than just restarting the interrupted call. (Alexey Kopytov)
- Bug #766236 – A crash was occurring in some cases when innodb_lazy_drop_table was enabled with very large buffer pools. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Bug #733317 – SYS_STATS internal table of XtraDB has been expanded for supporting ‘innodb_stats_method’ from InnoDB-plugin. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
Please report any bugs found at Bugs in Percona Server.
For more information, please see the following links: