Percona Server and XtraBackup Weekly News, April 25thBaron Schwartz
Time for our weekly review of the news! The big news this week is that Percona XtraBackup is ready to try out on Windows. Otherwise, there’s just more steady progress.
One quick note, sort of a “to whom it may concern,” is that the proper trademarked names of our products include “Percona Server”, “Percona XtraDB”, and “Percona XtraBackup”. “XtraDB” and “XtraBackup” are also Percona trademarks, but the proper names of the products include “Percona” at the beginning. The word “xtrabackup” alone and lowercased is only proper when referring to the xtrabackup compiled C binary, e.g. in how-to documentation in a context that includes the whole product name. We are happy to grant written permission for appropriate use of the trademarks. We’re working on publishing an official trademark policy on our website.
- We continue progress towards our Percona Server 5.5 release.
- Percona XtraBackup is ready to try on Windows.
- We’re working on porting the Percona XtraBackup test suite to Windows.
- Our Debian packages now link against readline, not editline.
- We did a lot of work on testing, merging forward to new versions, and bug fixing last week.