Percona Server and XtraBackup weekly news, February 26th
Percona Server has a new logo:
Percona Server Logo
Other news for Percona Server:
- Many users noticed that our repositories don’t work for Debian Squeeze, the new version of Debian. Our repositories will support Squeeze on the next release, which will be based on MySQL 5.1.55.
- We merged a fix for InnoDB’s slow DROP TABLE performance. A new option, innodb_lazy_drop_table, controls this behavior.
- Vadim asked Yasufumi to look into porting the innodb_sync_checkpoint_limit feature from the Facebook patches into Percona Server.
- Peter requested a high priority for logging queries to the slow query log from a replica using row-based replication.
- Yasufumi reported a feature request for XtraDB to store statistics for the ::records_in_range() handler function, instead of accessing the data. This could improve performance for complex queries.
- A user on our mailing list requested us to merge Google’s KILL IF_IDLE functionality into Percona Server, and proposed the merge on Launchpad.
In XtraBackup news,
- Alexey completed moving streaming functionality from innobackupex. InnoDB files are now streamed by the xtrabackup binary, and tar4ibd has been removed (this has not been merged into the trunk yet).
- Alexey completed implementing compression with quicklz in xtrabackup, though a tricky problem remains in combination with streaming.