This week’s announcement is short: last week was pretty much all-hands-on-deck for our first 5.5.8 release. Still, it wasn’t ALL about the new release:
- The beta release of Percona Server 5.5.8 is out! More details in the release notes.
- There are ongoing discussions about parallel replication, as well as customer requests for enhancements to row-based replication (for example, making it work with more types of schema changes on a replica), but there is nothing concrete to announce.
- Yasufumi is working on solving the problem with slow DROP TABLE performance in InnoDB.
- There is a lot of work on packaging and build improvements, including some packaging improvements such as providing various dependencies better in Ubuntu.
- A lot of new test cases! Our QA engineer Valentine Gostev is very busy thinking of ways to try to break things, and writing test cases for them.