Percona Server 5.1.53-12.4
Percona Server version 5.1.53-12.4 is now available for download. It is now the current stable release version.
Functionality Added or Changed
- Â Percona ServerÂ 5.1.53-12.4 is based on MySQL 5.1.53.
- Â New Features Added:
- Precompiled UDFs for Maatkit (FNV and MurmurHash hash functions to provide faster checksums) are now included in distributions. Fixes feature request #689992. (Aleksandr Kuzminsky)
- Â Other Changes:
- Bug #643149 – Slow query log entries were not written in the usual parsing format. (Alexey Kopytov)
- Bug #671764 – innochecksum wasn’t distributed with RPM and .DEB packages. (Aleksandr Kuzminsky)
- Bug #673426 – Use of these system variables as command-line options could cause a crash or undefined behavior: log_slow_timestamp_every, log_slow_sp_statements, slow_query_log_microseconds_timestamp, use_global_long_query_time. (Oleg Tsarev)
- Bug #673567 – Compiler could produce spurious warnings when building on non_Linux platforms. A check is now made to see if clock_gettime() is present in librt at the configure stage. If yes, -lrt is added to LIBS. (Alexey Kopytov)
- Bug #673929 – Query cache misses were being reported for some queries when hits were actually occurring. (Oleg Tsarev)
- Bug #676146 – The development environment test of log_slow_verbosity=innodb on a slave for row-based replication was not working correctly. (Oleg Tsarev)
- Bug #676147, Bug #676148 – The development environment tests of options log_slow_slave_statements and use_global_long_query_time work only on statement-based replication. They were failing when row-based replication was attempted. A check is now made for the replication type to test. (Oleg Tsarev)
- Bug #676158 – Setting the query cache size to 512M caused test failure on low memory systems. (Aleksandr Kuzminsky)
- Bug #677407 – The innodb.innodb_information_schema test could fail sporadically due to flawed logic in the INFORMATION_SCHEMA.INNODB_LOCKS caching mechanism. (contributed by Kristian Nielsen) (Alexey Kopytov)
- Bug #681486 – A dependency between Debian packages libmysqlclient16 and percona-server-common was removed. (Aleksandr Kuzminsky)
- Bug #693415 – The test percona_innodb_buffer_pool_shm was failing. It should be run with the --big-test option. As the buffer pool size used in the test is 128M, the shared memory segment should be increased appropriately in order to run the test successfully. (Aleksandr Kuzminsky)
- Bug #693814, Bug #693815, Bug #693816, Bug #693817, Bug #693819 – Tests in the test environment were updated to reflect past INFORMATION_SCHEMA changes. (Aleksandr Kuzminsky)
- Bug #693818 – Warning and error messages for stored routines could incorrectly report row numbers due to a change in the slow_extended patch. (Alexey Kopytov)
The Release Notes for this and previous releases can be found in our Wiki.
Downloads are available here and from the Percona Software Repositories. The latest source code for Percona Server, including the development branch, can be found on Launchpad.
Please report any bugs found at Bugs in Percona Server.
For general questions, use our Percona Discussions Group, and for development questions our Percona Development Group.
For support, commercial, and sponsorship inquiries, contact Percona.
Announcement, Percona, Percona Server, Release, XtraDB