Percona Server now both SQL and NOSQL
Just yesterday we released Percona Server 5.1.52-12.3 which includes HandlerSocket. This is third-party plugin, developed by Akira Higuci, DeNA Co., Ltd and explained in Yoshinori Matsunobu’s blog post.
What is so special about it:
- It provides NOSQL-like requests to data stored in XtraDB. So in the same time you can access your data in SQL and NOSQL ways. This is first open source solution which allows that.
- It has persistent storage (XtraDB is persistent)
- It handles really high load. In my tests using 2 dedicated web servers ( using perl clients) I reached 200,000 req/sec and the clients were real bottleneck, while Percona Server was busy only 5-7%. I did not have more clients in my lab to put more load, but I have no doubts we have handle 1,000,000 req/sec with 5 separate web applications. The tests were done with Percona Server installed on Cisco UCS C250 server with 12cores/24threads and 380GB of RAM .
How it can be used:
- To provide high requests rate for simple requests like: PK-lookup, index-lookup or index-range
- To replace caching layer (or remove it at all). With declared access rate, there is no needs to have memcached.
This also solves cache management and data invalidation problems
So give it a try and provide us feedback.
Categories: Cloud and NoSQL