Percona XtraBackup 1.5-Beta is now available for download.
This release adds additional functionality to Percona XtraBackup 1.4, the current general availability version of XtraBackup.
This is aÂ beta release.
Functionality Added or Changed
- Support for MySQL 5.5 databases has been implemented.Â (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- XtraBackup can now be built from the MySQL 5.1.52, MySQL 5.5.7, or Percona Server 5.1.53-12 code bases (fixes bug #683507). (Alexey Kopytov)
- The program is now distributed as three separate binaries:Â
- xtrabackup – for use with Percona Server with the built-in InnoDB plugin
- xtrabackup_51 – for use with MySQL 5.0 & 5.1 with built-in InnoDB
- xtrabackup_55 – for use with MySQL 5.5 (this binary is not provided for the FreeBSD platform)
- Backing up only specific tables can now be done by specifying them in a file, using the --tables-file option. (Yasufumi Kinoyasu & Daniel Nichter)
- Additional checks were added to monitor the rate the log file is being overwritten, to determine if XtraBackup is keeping up. If the log file is being overwritten faster than XtraBackup can keep up, a warning is given that the backup may be inconsistent. (Yasufumi Kinoyasu)
- The XtraBackup binaries are now compiled with the -O3 gcc option, which may improve backup speed in stream mode in some cases.
- It is now possible to copy multiple data files concurrently in parallel threads when creating a backup, using the --parallel option. See the xtrabackup Option Reference and Parallel Backups. (Alexey Kopytov)
- Bug #683507 – xtrabackup has been updated to build from the MySQL 5.1.52, MySQL 5.5.7, or Percona Server 5.1.53-12 code bases. (Alexey Kopytov)
Release Notes for this and previous releases of Percona Xtrabackup can be found in our Wiki.
Please report any bugs found at Bugs in Percona XtraBackup.
For support, commercial, and sponsorship inquiries, contact Percona.