Percona XtraBackup 1.4 is now available for download.
Version 1.4 fixes problems related to incremental backups. If you do incremental backups, it’s strongly recommended that you upgrade to this release.
Functionality Added or Changed
- Incremental backups have changed and now allow the restoration of full backups containing certain rollback transactions that previously caused problems. Please see Preparing the Backups and the --apply-log-only option. (From innobackupex, the --redo-only option should be used).Â (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- The XtraBackup Test Suite was implemented and is now a standard part of each distribution. (Aleksandr Kuzminsky)
- Other New Features:
- The --prepare option now reports xtrabackup_binlog_pos_innodb if the information exists. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- When --prepare is used to restore a partical backup, the data dictionary is now cleaned and contains only tables that exist in the backup. (Yasufumi Kinoshita))
- The --table option was extended to accept several regular expression arguments, separated by commas. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Other Changes:
- Ported to the Percona Server 5.1.47-11 code base. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- XtraBackup now uses the memory allocators of the host operating system, rather than the built-in InnoDB allocators (see Using Operating System Memory Allocators).Â (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Bug #595770 – Binaries are stripped by rpmbuild, so __os_install_post is redefined to change the default behaviour. (Aleksandr Kuzminsky)
- Bug #589639 – Fixed a problem of hanging when tablespaces were deleted during the recovery process. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Bug #611960 – Fixed a segmentation fault in “xtrabackup”. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Miscellaneous important fixes related to incremental backups.
Release Notes for this and previous releases of Percona Xtrabackup can be found in our Wiki.
Please report any bugs found at Bugs in Percona XtraBackup.
For support, commercial, and sponsorship inquiries, contact Percona.