Percona Server 5.1.50-rel12.1
Percona Server version 5.1.50-rel12.1 RC is now available for download.
Functionality Added or Changed
- Percona Server 5.1.50-rel12.1 is now based on MySQL 5.1.50.
- New Features Added:
- innodb_lru_dump_restore – Implemented automatic dumping of the buffer pool at specified intervals.
- innodb_buffer_pool_shm – Implemented option ”innodb_buffer_pool_shm_checksum”; when enabled, shared memory buffer pool is checksum validated. This change also fixed these bugs: #643724, #649408, and #649393. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- innodb_expand_import – Implemented more exact checking to avoid corruption of the ”.ibd” file using ”innodb_expand_export”. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- remove_eol_carret – Implemented a MySQL client option to handle end-of-line in BLOB fields differently. This change also fixed bug #625066. (Sasha Pachev)
- response_time_distribution – Counts queries with very short execution times and groups them by time interval. (Oleg Tsarev)
- Bug #608992 – Added symbolic info to Percona Server binary to help in debugging. (Aleksandr Kuzminsky)
- Bug #624362 – Corrected wording in an InnoDB error message regarding too many locks printed. (Vadim Tkachenko)
- Bug #625066 – Fixed a problem handling end-of-line in BLOB fields in the MySQL client. (Sasha Pachev)
- Bug #640924 – Fixed a crash caused by innodb_doublewrite_file. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Bug #643650 – Speeded up InnoDB shutdown when using shared memory buffer pool. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Bug #643724 – Fixed an InnoDB crash when shared memory buffer pool was enabled. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Bug #649408 – Fixed a problem causing a crash on startup when using shared memory buffer pool. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Bug #649393 – InnoDB now recreates the shared memory segment for the buffer pool automatically after a crash. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Bug #649623 – Fixed an error when compiling Percona Server 5.1.50-rel12.1 on FreeBSD (Oleg Tsarev)
- Bug #650977 – Fixed failed tests. (Oleg Tsarev)
The binary packages are available on our website.
The Release Notes for this and previous releases can be found in our Wiki.
The latest source code for Percona Server, including the development branch, can be found on LaunchPAD.
Please report any bugs found at Bugs in Percona Server.
For general questions, useÂ our Pecona-discussions group, and for development questions ourÂ Percona-dev group.
For support, commercial, and sponsorship inquiries, contact Percona.
Announcement, Percona, Release, XtraDB