Percona Server version 5.1.50-rel12.1 RC is now available for download.
Functionality Added or Changed
- Percona Server 5.1.50-rel12.1 is now based on MySQL 5.1.50.
- New Features Added:
- innodb_lru_dump_restore – Implemented automatic dumping of the buffer pool at specified intervals.
- innodb_buffer_pool_shm – Implemented option ”innodb_buffer_pool_shm_checksum”; when enabled, shared memory buffer pool is checksum validated. This change also fixed these bugs: #643724, #649408, and #649393. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- innodb_expand_import – Implemented more exact checking to avoid corruption of the ”.ibd” file using ”innodb_expand_export”. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- remove_eol_carret – Implemented a MySQL client option to handle end-of-line in BLOB fields differently. This change also fixed bug #625066. (Sasha Pachev)
- response_time_distribution – Counts queries with very short execution times and groups them by time interval. (Oleg Tsarev)
- Bug #608992 – Added symbolic info to Percona Server binary to help in debugging. (Aleksandr Kuzminsky)
- Bug #624362 – Corrected wording in an InnoDB error message regarding too many locks printed. (Vadim Tkachenko)
- Bug #625066 – Fixed a problem handling end-of-line in BLOB fields in the MySQL client. (Sasha Pachev)
- Bug #640924 – Fixed a crash caused by innodb_doublewrite_file. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Bug #643650 – Speeded up InnoDB shutdown when using shared memory buffer pool. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Bug #643724 – Fixed an InnoDB crash when shared memory buffer pool was enabled. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Bug #649408 – Fixed a problem causing a crash on startup when using shared memory buffer pool. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Bug #649393 – InnoDB now recreates the shared memory segment for the buffer pool automatically after a crash. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Bug #649623 – Fixed an error when compiling Percona Server 5.1.50-rel12.1 on FreeBSD (Oleg Tsarev)
- Bug #650977 – Fixed failed tests. (Oleg Tsarev)
The latest source code for Percona Server, including the development branch, can be found on LaunchPAD.
For support, commercial, and sponsorship inquiries, contact Percona.