Percona Server version 10
Today we are pleased to announce the release 10 of Percona Server with XtraDB storage engine.
Since the previous release 9.1 there are following changes
- MySQL 5.1.45 as a basis for the release
- I_S SYS_TABLES
- New patch page_size_and_expand_log. It allows to change InnoDB pages size to 4K or 8K. Also InnoDB log files now can be bigger 4G
- New patch innodb-fast-checksum. It adds new faster checksum algorithm used in InnoDB tables
- New supported platforts are added. The full list includes (karmic is new):
- CentOS 5 (x86_64 and i386)
- CenOS 4 (x86_64 and i386)
- Debian lenny (x86_64 and i386)
- Debian etch (x86_64 and i386)
- Ubuntu KarmicÂ (x86_64 and i386)
- Ubuntu Jaunty (x86_64 and i386)
- Ubuntu Intrepid (x86_64 and i386)
- Ubuntu Hardy (x86_64 and i386)
- FreeBSD 8 (x86_64 and i386)
- OpenSolaris (x86_64)
Fixed bugs in the release:
- Bug #551379:Change SE Name at mysql start
- Bug #550867:5.1.45+xtradb-10 compilation fails on Ubuntu Karmic
- Bug #547230:Add new columns to innodb_table_stats
- Bug #548442:INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLE_STATISTICS is broken in XtraDB 9.1
- Bug #509017:srv_table_reserve_slot() should be protected by kernel_mutex
- Bug #520825:ANALYZE TABLE doesn’t anything when innodb_stats_on_metadata=OFF
The binaries for supported platforms are located on https://www.percona.com/percona-builds/Percona-Server/Percona-Server-5.1.45-10/ .
The latest source code of Percona Server, including development branch you can find on LaunchPAD.
Please report any bugs found on Bugs in Percona XtraDB server.
For general questions use our Pecona-discussions group, and for development question Percona-dev group.
For support, commercial and sponsorship inquiries contact Percona
, Percona Software