Announcing General Availability of TokuDB v3.0 with ACID SupportJohn.Partridge
Tokutek is pleased to announce immediate availability of TokuDB for MySQL, version 3.0. It is designed for continuous querying and analysis of large volumes of rapidly arriving and changing data, while maintaining full ACID properties.
TokuDB v3.0 combines our long-standing performance advantages with ACID compliant transactional integrity:
- 10x-50x faster indexing for faster querying
- Full support for ACID transactions
- Fast recovery time (seconds or minutes, not hours or days)
- Immunity to database aging to eliminate performance degradation and maintenance headaches
- 5x-15x data compression for reduced disk use and lower storage costs
Because of its high indexing performance and transaction support, TokuDB is well suited to Web applications that must simultaneously store and query large volumes of rapidly arriving data, including:
- Social Networking
- eCommerce Personalization
- Logfile Analysis
- High-speed Webcrawling
- Real-time clickstream analysis
TokuDB for MySQL is an ACID-compliant transactional database that uses a proprietary Fractal Tree storage algorithm to deliver 10x-50x faster indexing versus databases that use a conventional B-tree algorithm. Providing near seamless compatibility for MySQL applications, data is loaded, inserted, and queried using standard MySQL commands, with no restrictions or special requirements. Tables can be individually defined to use TokuDB, MyISAM, InnoDB or other MySQL-compliant storage engines.
Notice: Tokutek, TokuDB, and Fractal Tree are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tokutek, Inc. MySQL and InnoDB are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation.