Percona is hiring a consultant
We’re hiring. We are looking for the following qualifications:
- Expert knowledge of MySQL. Not just “certified” — years of production experience with it. You need to know server internals, for example. You need to be able to do anything from optimizing difficult queries to moving high-volume services between data centers without interruption.
- Expert knowledge of InnoDB. You should understand its inner workings well enough to answer questions about its internals from memory, such as “how does the insert buffer work?” or “how does MVCC work on secondary indexes?” You should also know why it has trouble on some workloads and how to solve that.
- Expert knowledge of Linux systems administration. You need to know how to solve issues with filesystems, hardware, and networking. You need to be able to use tools such as gdb, strace, tcpdump, etc to solve weird problems.
- Expert with Apache, memcached, and other technologies you’d typically find in a LAMP application. You need to be able to administer and troubleshoot a variety of popular open-source server software.
- Proficient with Maatkit and MMM.
- Proven success working in a distributed environment where e-mail, IRC and voice calls are your only interaction with clients, colleagues and managers on a daily basis. You must be a self-starter.
We need all of the above, but if you’re a little weaker in some areas that might be OK. Highly desirable skills include:
- Non-core MySQL technologies: XtraDB, Xtrabackup, NDB Cluster, third-party storage engines and appliances, etc.
- Technologies such as LVS, Nginx, Sphinx, and load balancers.
- Other operating systems such FreeBSD and OpenSolaris.
- Amazon’s cloud offerings.
- Programming languages and platforms, especially frameworks such as Ruby On Rails and Django.
If you think you’re a good candidate, please fill out the contact form on our website. Thanks!
Announcement, hiring, Percona
Categories: Events and Announcements