Announcing TokuDB v3.0 Beta: ACID TransactionsJohn.Partridge
Tokutek is pleased to announce the beta launch of TokuDB for MySQL, version 3.0. Many of our customers have asked for transaction capabilities to provide the data integrity their businesses require and in this release we provide:
- Full support for ACID compliant transactions
- Fast recovery time (seconds or minutes, not hours or days)
As with previous versions, v3.0 Beta gives our customers these benefits:
- 20x-50x faster indexing for faster querying
- Immunity to database aging to eliminate performance degradation and maintenance headaches
- 5x-15x data compression for reduced disk use and lower storage costs
Because of its high indexing performance and transaction support, TokuDB is well suited to Web applications that must simultaneously store and query large volumes of rapidly arriving data, including:
- Dynamic content personalization
- Real-time clickstream analysis
TokuDB for MySQL is an ACID-compliant transactional database that uses a proprietary Fractal Tree storage algorithm to deliver 20x-50x faster indexing versus databases that use a conventional B-tree algorithm. Providing near seamless compatibility for MySQL applications, data is loaded, inserted, and queried using standard MySQL commands, with no restrictions or special requirements. Tables can be individually defined to use TokuDB, MyISAM, InnoDB or other MySQL-compliant storage engines.
Notice: Tokutek, TokuDB, and Fractal Tree are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tokutek, Inc. MySQL is a registered trademark of Sun Microsystems, Inc. InnoDB is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation.