Landscape of Transactional Storage Engines for MySQL

I finally found a time to publish Landscape of Transactional Storage Engines slides on MySQL Presentations page , this is the talk which we gave on OSCON 2007 and which talks about current state behavior and performance properties of Innodb, Falcon, PBXT and SolidDB Storage Engines.

Comments (11)

• Tim Bunce Reply

Thanks Peter. Sadly the fonts are badly messed up. It’s almost unreadable on my Mac.

August 1, 2007 at 11:47 pm
  • Lukas Reply

Cool .. I will read through it. We should try to get as much of this information into http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Category:StorageEngines

I will try to find some time for this over the weekend.

August 2, 2007 at 12:57 am
  • Scott MacVicar Reply

It’s unreadable on Windows too, pdf conversion broken maybe?

August 2, 2007 at 5:54 am
  • Jon Tackabury Reply

Great article. The fonts were a bit difficult to read on Windows, but it was still legible. Do you know if Sysbench has been ported to Windows? If so, do you know where it can be downloaded from?

August 2, 2007 at 6:23 am
  • steph Reply

Really interesting article, but I agree with Tim, font is, well, strange…
    at least on windows/foxit reader.

anyway thanks !

August 2, 2007 at 6:31 am
  • a5b Reply

Hello
    Your PDF is broken and text from it can’t be extracted well. Can you remake this presentation, or allow somebody to reconvert (you can send source of presentation to me)?
    It is really hard to read this.

Thanks.

August 2, 2007 at 9:22 am
  • Alexander Kjäll Reply

Very hard to read on linux with evince also, looks like some characters are on top of others.

August 2, 2007 at 9:51 am
  • Dave Edwards Reply

Hi Peter,

I can double the font problem on the Evince reader, and Adobe Acrored 7.0 on Ubuntu Linux 7.04.

Dave.

August 2, 2007 at 11:14 am
  • Bill Reply

Thanks for putting that online. Its hard to tell from the individual websites both the maturity level of the various new engines, as well as the performance potential. I had thought that PBXT and SOLID were much closer to production.

August 2, 2007 at 3:35 pm
  • peter Reply

Sorry about mixed up fonts. I trusted open office too much so did not check past first couple of slides which converted OK. I’ve now uploaded fixed version.

August 3, 2007 at 1:12 am