Next Percona Live Event Scheduled for London, November 11-12, 2013
PLEASANTON, California – May 7, 2013 – Percona, the company that makes MySQL faster and more reliable, today discussed the success of its second annual Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2013, which took place April 22-25 at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center. Attendees represented 35 countries and 6 continents with total attendees growing by 15% over the 2012 event. Nearly 20% more sponsors exhibited this year than in 2012. Percona Live featured talks by industry luminaries from Oracle, Percona, 451 Research, HP Cloud Division, Amazon Web Services, Continuent, Monty Program Ab, and many more. Praise for the conference spread across Twitter (hashtag: #perconalive), where “awesome” was a common descriptor.
“We want to thank all of our attendees, speakers and sponsors for making the second Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo an even bigger success than the first one,” said Peter Zaitsev, Co-Founder and CEO, at Percona. “It’s gratifying to read comments from attendees who found the event fun and the content useful. We are already looking forward to the next Percona Live event in Europe, Percona Live London 2013, which will take place November 11-12 at the Millenium Gloucester Conference Center.”
The Percona Live MySQL Conference was a gathering place for the entire MySQL community. This year, executives and technical staff from Oracle attended so the conference included all significant MySQL server development teams: Oracle, Percona, and MariaDB. Industry thought leaders, in a spirit of true cooperation, presented insights on technology, MySQL in the cloud, the market, the future of MySQL, and the MySQL community.
Key industry trends illuminated by conference speakers included:
- The future for the MySQL community remains bright with a total projected market size of nearly US $1 billion by 2016 despite the buzz created by NoSQL alternatives.
- MySQL is still much more common than even the most popular NoSQL database when viewing indicators such as inclusion in LinkedIn bios.
- Oracle MySQL may diminish in importance within the ecosystem as alternatives including Percona Server and MariaDB grow in relevance.
Recordings of the conference keynote sessions and slides of other sessions are available at the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo website or on the Percona MySQL channel on YouTube. Conference keynote addresses included:
- Matt Aslett, 451 Research, on “The State of the MySQL Ecosystem”
- Tomas Ulin, Oracle, “Driving MySQL Innovation”
- Simone Brunozzi, Amazon Web Services, on “Databases in the Cloud: Present and Future”
- Robert Hodges, Continuent, on “How MySQL Can Thrive in the World of Massive Data Hype”
- Brian Aker, HP Cloud Division, on “The MySQL Ecosystem and Cloud Computing”
- Peter Zaitsev, Percona, on “Our Ever-Evolving MySQL Ecosystem”
- Brian Aker, HP Cloud Division; Robert Hodges, Continuent; Peter Zaitsev, Percona; and Simone Brunozzi, Amazon Web Services, on “The Impact of MySQL 5.6 and MySQL’s Future in the Cloud”
|What:||Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2014|
|Where:||The Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center
5101 Great America Parkway
Santa Clara, CA 95054
|When:||Begins March 31, 2014|
|What:||Percona Live London 2013|
|Where:||Millenium Gloucester Conference Center|
|When:||November 11-12, 2013|
(888) 401-3401 Ext. 555
Percona has made MySQL faster and more reliable for over 1,800 consulting and support customers worldwide since 2006. Percona provides enterprise-grade MySQL support, Consulting, Training, Remote DBA, and Server Development services to companies such as Cisco Systems, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC. Percona's founders authored the definitive book High Performance MySQL from O'Reilly Press and the widely read MySQL Performance Blog. Percona also develops software for MySQL users, including Percona Server, Percona XtraBackup, Percona XtraDB Cluster, and Percona Toolkit. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
# # #
Percona® and XtraBackup® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.